Is there something wrong with my cam or smt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raied

Jun 13, 2007
Clementi
www.krasnajaphoto.com

400D w sigma 70-300mm

Took this pic of the moon last night, and wierdly i got two pictures of the moon, happen to all similar shots...

why is that?

Do u have a filter on ur lens? Coz it looks like its a reflection from a filter...

ya have a hoya UV filter....so thats causing it?!

Could be. Try shooting the moon again under similar conditions without the filter and see if it's there.
It could be a case of ghosting/flaring.

Do you remember which is the real moon in the picture?

Wha, A ghost moon arh...

Did you capture this shot with long exposure with flash on 2nd curtain sync ? hahahha joking ...

Remove the filter and try again.

The coatings of some brands of filters are more prone to ghostings/flarings.

long exposure, so long that the moon moved? :bigeyes:

400D w sigma 70-300mm

Took this pic of the moon last night, and wierdly i got two pictures of the moon, happen to all similar shots...

why is that?

Which version of the 70-300? If it is a really old version then it could be due to the image of the moon bouncing off the CCD onto the rear glass element of the lens is reflected on to the CCD again causing the 2nd dimmer image. New versions of the lens have a special coating on the rear glass element

I'm quite sure it's your Hoya Filter. The cheaper Hoya filter has a lot of ghosting if shooting directly at the moon. You can consider removing the UV filter for shots at the moon.

You also probably need a tripod for shots of the moon. Also, u probably need at least f8 or smaller aperture. Also, if u want to see details of the moon, you need to set your exposure based on metering on the moon itself. Anywhere else, you're gonna get a bring moon

I'm quite sure it's your Hoya Filter. The cheaper Hoya filter has a lot of ghosting if shooting directly at the moon. You can consider removing the UV filter for shots at the moon.

You also probably need a tripod for shots of the moon. Also, u probably need at least f8 or smaller aperture. Also, if u want to see details of the moon, you need to set your exposure based on metering on the moon itself. Anywhere else, you're gonna get a bring moon

i'm using a hoya uv filter (the cheap $10 one) on my 75-300mm and i've used it to shoot the moon before... never encounter this problem.... in fact i don't see any ghostings in any of my moon shots... not even a little....

Status
Not open for further replies.