is there possible to make a LX3 bought from Japan display English

Status
Not open for further replies.

bush911

Apr 24, 2009
I got a LX3 from Japan with 1.0 FW and only Japanese are displayed on LCD.
so It is very diffculty for me to know the camera well. I can only make basic operations.
ther is no language option available.
I upgraded the FW to 1.2, but this makes no sense.

anyone can help me out,please!! I am going crazy.:confused::confused::confused:

I am not sure about LX3 brought from Japan.
For a set brought in Singapore, you can change the language setting at the SETUP menu.

See page 35 of this comprehensive PDF manual.

Hope it helps.

:)

I got a LX3 from Japan with 1.0 FW and only Japanese are displayed on LCD.
so It is very diffculty for me to know the camera well. I can only make basic operations.
ther is no language option available.
I upgraded the FW to 1.2, but this makes no sense.

anyone can help me out,please!! I am going crazy.:confused::confused::confused:

I am not sure about LX3 brought from Japan.
For a set brought in Singapore, you can change the language setting at the SETUP menu.

See page 35 of this comprehensive PDF manual.

Hope it helps.

:)

thank you mate. there is no language option available. as i know there are two types of LX3 in japan.
one is only for japanese users, it only supports Japanese.
the other one is for international users, which support muti languaages. the later is more expensive than former.:(:(:(:(

I remember when I was in Japan, I saw the Jap version of the FZ50 supporting both Jap & English... and it is 20% cheaper than the international set.... :think:

It might be possible if its just a change of firmware required.
But I strongly advise NOT TO TRY doing it yourself as there is a risk of 'bricking' your camera - ie. rendering it as useful as a piece of brick.
Best is to bring down to local agent to check if it can be done (for a fee, of course!).

There's a procedure to change the initial setttings in the LX3 Service Manual.
This may require replacing the main PCB.
If you don't have it, download from this link:

http://www.box.net/shared/01qdciyyx0

Use it at your own risk.

Last edited:
there is no way to change the language to english. but then it is a camera and i think u can just figure out what the various menus are with the icons. it is not very difficult

accroding service manual, i did a INITIAL SETTINGS. but it does not work.
there is still japanese available.

accroding service manual, i did a INITIAL SETTINGS. but it does not work.
there is still japanese available.

Panasonic carries international warranty. Why don't you take it to the service center and ask for their quote or suggestion.

Panasonic carries international warranty. Why don't you take it to the service center and ask for their quote or suggestion.

i will. i just hate these japanese characters;(
by the way your services manual is helpful to me. thanks again

I'd think that this would be possible; back in 2003 bought myself a Canon ixy 400 in Shinjuku and still using it now in English

I'd think that this would be possible; back in 2003 bought myself a Canon ixy 400 in Shinjuku and still using it now in English

Did the service center converted it for you?

No firmware update or any software downloaded whatsoever, the English menu is in the original camera. Didn't have to take it to service center.
What they did give me was an extra set of user manual (English) and i figured it out from there.
My point is, the english menu should be in your LX3; just need to navigate around to activate it.

it is impossible! I have inquired Panasonic USA custom care service.
No firmware update or any software downloaded whatsoever, the English menu is in the original camera. Didn't have to take it to service center.
What they did give me was an extra set of user manual (English) and i figured it out from there.
My point is, the english menu should be in your LX3; just need to navigate around to activate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.