is there coming a LX4 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranger

Jan 21, 2003
Visit site
sure ?? why keep on hearing ppl say wait for LX4 ?

:dunno:

Maybe becos LX3 have been released for quite long and everyone expect a updated version.

The last rumors of LX4 turns out that pana released the GF1, which many though was the LX4.

Not so soon according to the rumours website. LX-3 will be carried on into 2010. But that does not mean they wont release a replacement in 2010 :) see http://43rumors.com/ft-2-panasonic-lumix-lx5-for-third-quarter-2010/

Having said that it's still a rumour. The only competition to the LX-3 is the new Canon S90 - although the S90 has a slightly longer zoom it starts at 28mm and the f-stop gets smaller a lot faster than the LX-3 at 50mm or 60mm. So the LX-3 lens is still faster at 50mm and 60mm. The Canon has a slightly smaller sensor. If you can't get a new Panasonic LX-3 I think the canon S90 should fill your needs.

with the arrival of the s90, is easier now to find a new lx3 if you know where to look for it.

Yes but strangely the LX-3 is still more expensive than the S90.

LX3 lens got the word "Leica"

Yes but strangely the LX-3 is still more expensive than the S90.

if you compare the specs between the two, you find that for just 10 bucks more, you got a lot of features over canon...it took them one year to come up with a counterpart and yet they still cannot match up...i suppose they are targeting those who doesn't wanna pay the premium for lx3.

Canon S90 is much more sleaker and pocketable~~~

Some pple might not want a bulky PnS like LX3.

the scroll wheel at the back of s90, not everyone will appreciate it cause it turns very easily...the zoom lever place close to the center, is also a bit funny for me.
i have small fingers but somehow i feel there's a lack of space for me to place my fingers, maybe former ixus users can adapt better than me.
the electronic pop up flash is also a turn off...wonder actually how fast can a user pop up the flash if he have to go into the menu without being able to pop the flash manually.

size, iso 800 performance, AWB and the aperture ring are the plus points of s90.

Last edited:
If u're not in any urgent need, it's probably fine to wait a while. Even if the rumours are true, LX4 may arrive only 2nd half of 2010. S90 is just launched, & the pricing is expected to drop after a while. The price holding power of S90 is probably not as good as LX3, considering that LX3 is more than a year old.

If u're not currently holding a capable camera, then waiting may not be good as u'll be missing the photographic opportunities along the way.

S90 don't have HD video recording capability. :(

S90 don't have HD video recording capability. :(

does s90 have a video recording cap ?
if no, perhaps can say that s90 have longer video recording time than the lx3 ?

lx3 has a cap on video taking, maximum can only record 15 min of video regardless HD or not.

LX3 had set a very high standard ... Wondering what sort of features will be for Lx4 .. but cant wait to see it ... So far LX3 still power over lots of compact CAm ...

that is true. to improve on the LX3, does it mean the next step is the micro4/3 range,or can the compact still be improved furthur.

With technologies growing at such rate, both compacts & micro 4/3 can be improved. The gap will be smaller between LX4 & GF2, assuming both are released. As long as the pricing gap is substantial, i believe there'll still be both categories left.

Why wait for LX4 and miss out on a whole lot of pleasure, joy and photo opportunities?
:dunno:

I hope they don't release the LX4 just yet! just got my 3! with technology u can't sit and wait for the best n the latest. u like it..it suits u..jump in! don't look back already.

I hope they don't release the LX4 just yet! just got my 3! with technology u can't sit and wait for the best n the latest. u like it..it suits u..jump in! don't look back already.

even if they release lx4 early next year, is most likely gonna be on a 12mp sensor...not really a fan of higher mp count on compacts.

I hope Panny will put a larger sensor like MFT size in the LX4. Otherwise, hard to replace the LX3......

Ricoh GRDIII is better than both S90 and LX3.

GRDIII is twice the price though

Status
Not open for further replies.