Is there anyway to scan the photographs into a CD?


Status
Not open for further replies.

fusetrips

New Member
Jan 17, 2002
345
0
0
#1
As abovementioned.
Anyway to DIY rather than asking the shops to do it for us?
Please advise.

Thank you.:)
 

Tweek

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
2,027
0
0
38
East
www.weekai.com
#2
you mean, printed photographs? Just scan using a flatbed colour scanner then burn into CD lor. If you mean slides or negatives, you can also do it yourself if you have a good film scanner, or film scan adaptor for your flatbed scanner.
 

fusetrips

New Member
Jan 17, 2002
345
0
0
#3
Originally posted by Tweek
you mean, printed photographs? Just scan using a flatbed colour scanner then burn into CD lor. If you mean slides or negatives, you can also do it yourself if you have a good film scanner, or film scan adaptor for your flatbed scanner.
Hi Tweek,

Thanx for the prompt reply.
How is the quality of a flatbed color scanner scanning quality? Is it ok?

Care to share with me more about the stuffs like Film scanner and Film scan adaptor?

:eek:
 

Tweek

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
2,027
0
0
38
East
www.weekai.com
#4
Originally posted by fusetrips


Hi Tweek,

Thanx for the prompt reply.
How is the quality of a flatbed color scanner scanning quality? Is it ok?

Care to share with me more about the stuffs like Film scanner and Film scan adaptor?

:eek:
depends on what you want to use the scans for...if just for web display or personal archiving, then a flatbed scanner is good enough I guess. But if you want to print the photos, or blow them up, it's best to get a dedicated film scanner that can scan at high resolutions. I don't know much about them, just now that they are expensive, in the >$1000 range. Film adaptors are just add-on devices for flatbed scanners, so the scan quality won't be too impressive either.
 

fusetrips

New Member
Jan 17, 2002
345
0
0
#5
Originally posted by Tweek


depends on what you want to use the scans for...if just for web display or personal archiving, then a flatbed scanner is good enough I guess. But if you want to print the photos, or blow them up, it's best to get a dedicated film scanner that can scan at high resolutions. I don't know much about them, just now that they are expensive, in the >$1000 range. Film adaptors are just add-on devices for flatbed scanners, so the scan quality won't be too impressive either.
Hi Tweek,

Do you know any shops that do developed negative scanning onto a CD?

Rgds.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom