Is there anything to take note of when out at sea with camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fusetrips

Jan 17, 2002
As abovementioned.
Any advise?

Thank you.

Don't drop the camera into the... sea?

Need any specific maintenance after the trip? After exposure to seawater?

Use a damp cloth, wipe it down... then use a dry cloth and wipe again.

Worth the risk bring camera out on a boat?:dent:

Originally posted by fusetrips
As abovementioned.
Any advise?

Thank you.

Mermaids.
An eight year old boy riding killer whales.

Just be careful about the salt spray on your lens/filter.

Bring ziploc bags just in case

It really depends on the size of the boat, weather conditions and so on.

As a general rule if your going out in a small boat (dinghy sized to small powerboat) then storing your kit in plastic bags is advisable.

If your going out on a charter boat then such precautions aren't needed in most cases. However make sure you have UV or polarizer filters fitted to lenses and change lenses with your back to the prevailing wind direction to prevent salt spray from entering the camera body. Change film inside the boat cabin for added safety.

Use a camera strap as a safety precaution, cameras sink quickly.

If your camera comes in to contact with salt spray wipe the camera with a damp cloth soaked in distilled water and wrung out till almost dry then dry camera with a soft dry cloth.

Clean filters as per my method described elsewhere on this site.

After any trips to the beach or out on the ocean clean your camera as described above. Salt is the worst enemy a camera has in most cases.

Im gona try 2nd time going canoeing and bringing me cam!! (with ziploc bags of coz)...try to get better shots of kelongs and the dogs! :D

Originally posted by sbs99
Im gona try 2nd time going canoeing and bringing me cam!! (with ziploc bags of coz)...try to get better shots of kelongs and the dogs! :D

waaah brave!! brave!:thumbsup:

I think u better ask urself, will u get seasick..

last time i took a fairly big boat out in deep sea.. was so excited, took a few photos then realise i am @#$@#%#$ dizzy.. puked for 3 hrs.. if i didnt play with the camera i think it would be that bad.. probably puke for 2 hrs instead :)

Status
Not open for further replies.