Is there anything special about color gels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sausage

Feb 1, 2002
At home
www.singaporeanimenews.net
Or are they just like colored cellophane? Anyway can we get one of those sampler packs of gels here, like a pack of 8 different colors precut for use on a flash?

lsisaxon

Nov 29, 2004
Or are they just like colored cellophane? Anyway can we get one of those sampler packs of gels here, like a pack of 8 different colors precut for use on a flash?
Colour consistency. Colour accuracy. Availability of the colour and exposure data. And for those to use with big video lamps, resistance to heat.

yanyewkay

Sep 22, 2004
Cons digger.
colour consistency is one important factor if you are going to reuse the same settings over and often or if it needs to be replicated at will. If it's just a one time shoot for fun, I use cellophane paper over my flash.

Most colour gels aren't heat resistant anyway, I ever saw the SB800 gels got deformed after someone shot for a few hours with sucessive bursts of the stroboscopic mode.

lsisaxon

Nov 29, 2004
colour consistency is one important factor if you are going to reuse the same settings over and often or if it needs to be replicated at will. If it's just a one time shoot for fun, I use cellophane paper over my flash.

Most colour gels aren't heat resistant anyway, I ever saw the SB800 gels got deformed after someone shot for a few hours with sucessive bursts of the stroboscopic mode.
Wah.. that bad ah?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom