Is there any FZ series user into fashion runway shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunkist

Jul 7, 2002
Wonder if i can see some picture or maybe u guys can guide me to the link. will want to see whether FZ can really do those runway photo. TQ.

mine is a FZ20. iso might not be as good as urs

using FZ50, surprising what the lumix can do;)
Anyway FZ20 should be okay with the fast aperture...just get a flash for those night time events because not all events have a good enough lighting:)

why did u edit.. dude? :D

;p Some html code error when I edited the last one (my fault), so deleted lor

And get a fast SD card, action happening rather fast n furious in these shows, so a fast write time is almost a must.

BTW, FZ50 ISO is terrible...I was shooting at ISO100 all the way to avoid introducing too much noise

ok.. light setting? floursen? wat setting u use? i think i going for tml's G2000 @ raffles city.

i'm using fz20 too but never try on the runway. usually these kind of event the lighting conditions are pretty tricky. with terrible noise at high ISO, i don't think fz20 can handle well.

abyone looking for me??? one piece of advise, try not to zoom beyond 350mm, noise can be found even at ISO 120>, find for a feng-shui position, camp early if possible;) , the higher the mm, the slower the shutter speed, and yours pix would be blur

abyone looking for me??? one piece of advise, try not to zoom beyond 350mm, noise can be found even at ISO 120>, find for a feng-shui position, camp early if possible;) , the higher the mm, the slower the shutter speed, and yours pix would be blur
this ain't really true... it depends on what you are framing... if you zoom onto something bright you shutter will be faster (ISO and aperture constant)...

this ain't really true... it depends on what you are framing... if you zoom onto something bright you shutter will be faster (ISO and aperture constant)...
but usually fashion the lights keep changing(subjected to the theme) some uses orange coloured lightings, some darker...

but usually fashion the lights keep changing(subjected to the theme) some uses orange coloured lightings, some darker...
you can do your own test... wat I wanna say is it depends on what are you shooting...

you can try using 1x zoom on your room celling with light, and record down the shutter (aperture mode). after that zoom in to the light (same aperture and ISO as the shot before), you shutter speed will increase...

so saying that shutter will be slower when zoomed in is too bold a statement.:)

but when u zoom in using fz50, aperture is no longer at 2.8 unlike the fz20 right? will that make any diff?

but when u zoom in using fz50, aperture is no longer at 2.8 unlike the fz20 right? will that make any diff?
in that case you will lose some light from f2.8 > 3.7 is about 0.67EV... everything else will stay the same except you will be getting slower shutter speed than fz20 which is still able to shoot at f2.8

the slow shutter makes it very diff to shoot indoor as compared to the fz20;

always a bit blur...i use iso 200 max.

the slow shutter makes it very diff to shoot indoor as compared to the fz20;

always a bit blur...i use iso 200 max.
well, all I can say it really depends on how bad the lighting is and also is flash usable..

but that is abt the only thing i dislike abt the fz50 as compare to fz20..

cheers

hi all. manage to capture some photo. over 300photos. but barely 20% can make it. my hand too shaky... old le..

Anyway pls give me comment on my shots! TQ.
sff001.jpg

sff002.jpg

sff004.jpg

here next girl ... beautiful gals.. i will say

sff003.jpg

sff005.jpg

i notice there is a drop of quality once i "upload" to photobucket... mmm.... bit more noise...

Status
Not open for further replies.