is there any FAKE canon battery around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

htthach

Feb 26, 2006
dover
I wonder if there is any fake canon battery around the market ? (BP-511A)
This afternoon I went to Cathay and ask for the battery, the lady quoted me $120.
I said it should be $95 (as i check CS canon price list). She said no.
So i walked away and go to TCW.
She quoted me $75 for the original and $30 for the third party (camera device).
I think it's a good deal and take the original.
But now when i compare to my original BP-511A, there are some differences.
The label, the original is kinda blue, the newly bought is a bit green.
The newly bought, the label is a bit slanted, the cap is not exactly the same as description (there is no hole in the cap so that if you can indicate the battery is full or empty.
I think the shop is well known, so i should not have any problem right ? :sweatsm:

buy 3rd party ones from EastGear....

its not considered as fakes la.. but OEMs... can be used. not a problem at all...

as you can see. many csers bought 3rd party batteries for their own use. its not bad i must say. cheap also. ;)

@glengyong: I avoid the "camera device" battery because i bought one and it died after a few months.

I've just tested my newly bought battery. I think it's dead !!!
Charger indicate fully charged. Load into camera => no reaction !!!
S*** tomorrow have to bring back.
Not sure if they allow refund, don want to get another one like that !!!

hmmm... havent encountered that. because my friend bought a camera device's battery for his D70s and its still fine thou.....

i strongly believe its QC.

maybe HK cheaper for batteries ? got check with TheOracle ? maybe he can bring u some good deals on the batteries from HK ?

@glengyong: I avoid the "camera device" battery because i bought one and it died after a few months.

I am largely using camera device batteries too ... hv not encountered this b4 ... serving me well beyond the original Canon batts ...

Status
Not open for further replies.