Is there any compact camera that has compatible specs with Nikon D7100?

Sheabie

Jan 14, 2014
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
I am a junior photographer who loves shooting landscape and nature.

I would love to know if there's any compact camera that has a good specs for shutter speed as well as aperture focus from afar?

I am someone who dislike bulky cameras. Hanging on the neck for awhile will tired me out. I am currently using Nikon V1 and I find it has alot of noise when I was travelling on motion trying to take pictures from the outside. I wish that I can have a better boot up speed camera that I can on it right on time for shooting certain scene that I wanted. And a better pixel camera for clearer and detailed view in a photo...

Please let me know :)

I would love to know if there's any compact camera that has a good specs for shutter speed as well as aperture focus from afar?

I am someone who dislike bulky cameras. Hanging on the neck for awhile will tired me out. I am currently using Nikon V1 and I find it has alot of noise when I was travelling on motion trying to take pictures from the outside. I wish that I can have a better boot up speed camera that I can on it right on time for shooting certain scene that I wanted. And a better pixel camera for clearer and detailed view in a photo...

To understand what you really need, you need to filter down to exactly what you need.
shutter speed, aperture and ISO are just parameters of the exposure triangle.

V1 is very capable actually, but just as with all cameras out there, you really need to know how to execute technically to get what you want.

If you want better ISO performance, look at cameras like Olympus EM-1 or Fuji XT-1.

What is 'aperture focus from afar'?

Think compacts like Nikon Coolpix A, Ricoh GR Digital V, Sony RX1R may fit the bill for compact, but start up still generally in the 1-2s range.

Is there a budget? If not... you can look to A7/ A7R, although the number of native lenses are not that much now... but I believe things will change. Other camera that you might be interested to look at would be the collection from m4/3 - be it the expensive EM1 or the older EM5... the new EM10, or even the EPL6, EP6, plus the Panasonic stock of mirrorless camera.

@ Rhino123: My preference will always be Nikon Series, thanks for the suggestion though! :)

Kei1309: will check that out too!

And yes, I'm looking into compact DSLR (or Mirrorless) with good shutter speed and fast camera startup. Additionally if they do provide good aperture mode that would be cool.

Last edited:
@ Rhino123: My preference will always be Nikon Series, thanks for the suggestion though! :)

Kei1309: will check that out too!

And yes, I'm looking into compact DSLR (or Mirrorless) with good shutter speed and fast camera startup. Additionally if they do provide good aperture mode that would be cool.

Er... A6000 is actually Sony too. If you are looking more towards Nikon... I am guessing Nikon 1 series is the only mirrorless interchangeable lens cam in the Nikon arsenal. The other is the Nikon Coolpix A (which sported a APS-C sensor), but is a fix lens camera.

Also, I would suggest a very good DSLR... crowned to be the smallest DSLR - the Canon 100D (but the body is small... the lens size is the same as any Canon DSLR lenses).

The last camera that came into my mind is Canon EOS M. I have read the M2 coming out (not sure if it will be sold in Singapore or not though). The AF is not amazingly fast though for the EOS-M, for me it is okay (played with it for a while). You can get very good price for this camera nowadays.

Fuji XT1. Fast focusing, amazing image quality, apsc sensor.