Is there a versatile bounce card available in the market?

xpression

Nov 27, 2010
Hi guys,

I'll a newbie, been searching quite a few cameras stores and also our online retailers, hmm i'm trying hard to find a versatile bounce card. I know most of the bounce cards in the market will require u use it with vecro, i'm fine with it.

but i'm just wondering if there is something that is more versatile? for example if i wanna shoot in portrait orientation instead of the usual landscape orientation, my flash head position will be different right? and i'll tilt it up, but the bounce card position will need to be adjusted right else it'll just be on the left side rather. so i'll need to pull out and readjust the vecro? i wonder if there is something more versatile.

opps, i'm not good in explaining. hope u guys get what i mean.

saw something like this http://www.sgcamerastore.com/Flash-Diffusers/Universal-Bounce-Card-White-and-Silver-/prod_487.html

not sure if i need to pull out everything to adjust if i'm switching from landscape orientation to portrait orientation. if need to pull out everything (i mean the top vecro piece) then its kinna troublesome should i need to switch rite on and off right?

hope some seniors can give me some advice. tks a lot!

make a trip to art friend and diy your own.

The flash head position can be changed when we are using camera in portrait orientation. But the bounce card seems to be a problem. As it was initially velcro-ed on top of the flash head. So when using potrait orientation although the head position can be adjusted very quickly, the bounce card position will still on the left side isnt it (coz of the original velcro-ed position).

I'll continue to google around. Tks dude.

DIY dun be a lazy ass, versatility is overrated cos everyone have their own preferences...

It not the bounce that that is versatile, but the way the bounce card is attached that make it versatile.
When you put the bounce card, you put it on the narrow side of the flash. So when you take in landscape, the flash head narrow side is facing the subject, when you turn to the camera, you just turn the flash head 90 degree up. Bounce card still face forward at the subject and pointing up. This way you need not remove the bounce card when rotate the camera liao.

Something like the one in the link. And Yes you can DIY the bounce card.
http://www.abetterbouncecard.com/buy-abbc-products/abbc-big-light-bounce-card/

Hi bro! Thanks a lot! Yeah, I got what u meant! Thanks for the very clear explaination : )

Cheers!

It not the bounce that that is versatile, but the way the bounce card is attached that make it versatile.
When you put the bounce card, you put it on the narrow side of the flash. So when you take in landscape, the flash head narrow side is facing the subject, when you turn to the camera, you just turn the flash head 90 degree up. Bounce card still face forward at the subject and pointing up. This way you need not remove the bounce card when rotate the camera liao.

Something like the one in the link. And Yes you can DIY the bounce card.
http://www.abetterbouncecard.com/buy-abbc-products/abbc-big-light-bounce-card/

any idea where can i get this ABBC? and how much? its not in cathay photo

any idea where can i get this ABBC? and how much? its not in cathay photo

You either make your own... materials can be found in popular or any art shop... Or you can order direct from their website.

where can i buy the velcro strap to tie it up?

where can i buy the velcro strap to tie it up?

Those auntie sewing/altering services shop should have.
Else try Art Friend or Spotlight