is there a techni for fisheye??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kebeye

Jul 7, 2006
Tampines
www.flickr.com
hello i'm wondering if there is a techni for fisheye, when i use my fisheye it does not give a clear picture of a fisheye, dont curve so much. i'm using a Sigma 15mm EX fisheye lense

r u shooting with digital?
it's quite common. After crop, the 15mm fe does not really have that much FE effect.
If u want, try the Sigma 8mm(on digital is good, on film is no.1 :))

what is the price of the Sigma 8mm fisheye. 1st hand and 2nd hand?

is the Peleng Fish Eye 8mm f/3.5 Recommended?

Sigma 8mm if I am not wrong in the 1k region new.. it's 8mm/3.5 new version(older one is f/4).
I've seen 2nd hand going around 600 plus for the older f/4 , but very rare to see this lens on B/S forum. Grab it when u see one.
Great lens, AF, for full frame sensor and quite light. Only thing is the price :(

The peleng fisheye is the next best thing if you can't get the sigma.
It's a very sharp and contrasty lens, given its price.
Most canon/nikon mount peleng goes for around 400(2nd hand in BS), which is about 1/2 the price of the sigma.
Do note though the peleng is designed for russian film standard so even if u're using film camera you can't get the 'full circle' like sigma 8mm. The top and bottom will be chopped off slightly. Another thing is it's fully manual focus only. Can't meter with the dslr bodies.
But it's still a great lens. Using one :)

Diagonal FE like 15mm is just like that...

The true FE master has spoken :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:hammer:...!!!

Errm...Even if use 8mm...it's still cropped on digital.

If you use Nikon, you can try the 10.5mm which gives a frame filling effect, and you don have to crop the photo.

If you use Nikon, you can try the 10.5mm which gives a frame filling effect, and you don have to crop the photo.

or the Tokina 10-17mm which is diagonal FE as well :embrass:

Sigma 8mm if I am not wrong in the 1k region new.. it's 8mm/3.5 new version(older one is f/4).
I've seen 2nd hand going around 600 plus for the older f/4 , but very rare to see this lens on B/S forum. Grab it when u see one.
Great lens, AF, for full frame sensor and quite light. Only thing is the price :(

The peleng fisheye is the next best thing if you can't get the sigma.
It's a very sharp and contrasty lens, given its price.
Most canon/nikon mount peleng goes for around 400(2nd hand in BS), which is about 1/2 the price of the sigma.
Do note though the peleng is designed for russian film standard so even if u're using film camera you can't get the 'full circle' like sigma 8mm. The top and bottom will be chopped off slightly. Another thing is it's fully manual focus only. Can't meter with the dslr bodies.
But it's still a great lens. Using one :)

hey can you post a picture using the peleng fisheye?? dont really understand what you mean the top and bottom chopped off. thanks~! :D

i'm using a Canon 10D so which fisheye lense is good to get a good effect??

is there any 3rd party fisheye lense of 10.5mm like nikon FE??

Tokina 10-17mm fisheye zoom. Horizon, when placed at the center of a fisheye lens, will appears straight, the most curves will occur at the edge of the frame.

Sample of the tokina 10-17mm FE taken with D80, slight crop.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=274834

is there any 3rd party fisheye lense of 10.5mm like nikon FE??

Sigma 8mm F4 EX DG Circular and 15mm F2.8 EX DG Diagonal. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.