Is there a soft case for filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedaniel

Feb 13, 2007
Do you people find it troublesome to change filter will shooting? I carry the original filter case which requires me to take out the filter(CPL,close-up), put on and shoot and remove and put back when you need to shoot another picture that don't requires that filter.

Is that such thing as a filter soft case or something where you can slot all your filters into the case and remove it easily?

Do you people find it troublesome to change filter will shooting? I carry the original filter case which requires me to take out the filter(CPL,close-up), put on and shoot and remove and put back when you need to shoot another picture that don't requires that filter.

Is that such thing as a filter soft case or something where you can slot all your filters into the case and remove it easily?

Considering how fragile filters are, and that you do NOT want anything touching the filters, a "soft case" is a recipe for disaster.

I am using this cokin filter case. But could not find it in Cokin's website, so not sure if it is still available.

Thinks holds 7 Cokin filters, but I manage to squeeze in 3 more hoya round filters too.

I am using this cokin filter case. But could not find it in Cokin's website, so not sure if it is still available.

That just sounds like filter suicide...

Actually it protected my filters quite well. Used it for at least 4 to 5 years, gone travelling, and also used it for some events. No filter damaged. Yup, the front and back of the case is like hard board.

All my Singh Ray filters come with their individual soft cases as well.
And pretty cosmetic looking :)

Ryan

Thinks holds 7 Cokin filters, but I manage to squeeze in 3 more hoya round filters too.

Where did you get this? In Singapore? What's the price?

Where did you get this? In Singapore? What's the price?

Got it from Cathay. But it was around 5 years ago and therefore I really can't recall the price.

Well, if you only have filters of one size (for eg. all 67mm), try this product call 'Filter Stacker'. It has a front and back caps so you can stack (by screwing the filters together) all your filters and made them very compact, easy to carry and choose the filter that you want to use, rather than carrying each filter in it's own case.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/101708-REG/General_Brand__67mm_Filter_Stack_Cap.html

Do note that it doesn't work if you have 'slim filters', as slim filters typically do not have a front thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.