Is there a law against this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLiNcHY

Mar 15, 2002
Visit site
Was at pacific coffee yesterday with 3 girls and a guy
Opposite our table were 3 guys with a tiny sony digital camera DSC P9 i think.

When we arrived, my fren who was there earlier to "chop" seats told me that the 3 guys were using the digital camera to take candid shots of females secretly whenever they walked in view to the counter or exiting the place.

They even tried to secretly take snapshots of my female friend when she was sitting alone. Using a palm to cover the camera and quickly pulling shutter. But she noticed and quickly turned and gave them a stare. So they stopped and acted "Bochup"

Then we arrived with. Now my other friend was really pretty and she instantly got their attention. After being notified by my female fren (the one who "chop" seat), i paid close attention to them.

My pretty friend went to the toilet and then to the counter to get some coffee. Instantly , i saw one of the guys readying his camera to get a snapshot.;( So i immediately asked my other guy fren to intercept their view and so he got up and went to help them carry the coffee and block the view of the camera just in time when the shot was taken. So they got a shot of his butt. But there were other unfortunate girls who were already stored in their memory card.

I was really really damn freaking pissed already. Almost took out my warrant card and confronted them and threw their camera away . But i forgot my penal code and didnt know whether it was an offence to do such things.

I'm pretty sure there's a law for this. If not there better be! This is how websites like photoforum and Sggirls thrive!;( ;( This is one example of how the digital camera can be misused!

I doubt so unless they were aiming at unacceptable places like under the gals' skirts - then it'd be a cast of outraging a woman's modesty.

If these gals' pics are found in sggals, the only thing they can do would be to ask the owner of the site to remove their pics & if its not done, threaten legal action as the pictures were placed on the web without their permission.

Originally posted by lavenderlilz
I doubt so unless they were aiming at unacceptable places like under the gals' skirts - then it'd be a cast of outraging a woman's modesty.

If these gals' pics are found in sggals, the only thing they can do would be to ask the owner of the site to remove their pics & if its not done, threaten legal action as the pictures were placed on the web without their permission.
But its invading someone's privacy.
Why don't i take secret snapshots of your gf.
U like?
What will people think when the female's face appears on such sites for all to see.

Even if its taken down, the damage would have already been done

I don't think its an offence. Anyway whats the difference between this and all the shots that clubsnappers taken on the street? I dont think permission was asked in most shots.

If its annoying, you should just confront them and tell them to delete the shots.

This is very good topic to discuss. Appreciate more would advice.

For me, I introduce myself to them.....:devil:

Cheers. :cool:

Originally posted by FLiNcHY

But its invading someone's privacy.
Why don't i take secret snapshots of your gf.
U like?
What will people think when the female's face appears on such sites for all to see.

Even if its taken down, the damage would have already been done

if u dont like, beat the shit out of them. well, at least tell them off.

Originally posted by maddog
I don't think its an offence. Anyway whats the difference between this and all the shots that clubsnappers taken on the street? I dont think permission was asked in most shots.

If its annoying, you should just confront them and tell them to delete the shots.
this is snapshots of girls
just girls u know!
its not like he goes to set settings and compose the pictures nicely

its secret snapshots of girls

do u see streetshooters using their palms to hide their cameras or secretly placing the camera under the table to hide from view?

Was at pacific coffee yesterday with 3 girls and a guy
Opposite our table were 3 guys with a tiny sony digital camera DSC P9 i think.

When we arrived, my fren who was there earlier to "chop" seats told me that the 3 guys were using the digital camera to take candid shots of females secretly whenever they walked in view to the counter or exiting the place.

They even tried to secretly take snapshots of my female friend when she was sitting alone. Using a palm to cover the camera and quickly pulling shutter. But she noticed and quickly turned and gave them a stare. So they stopped and acted "Bochup"

Then we arrived with. Now my other friend was really pretty and she instantly got their attention. After being notified by my female fren (the one who "chop" seat), i paid close attention to them.

My pretty friend went to the toilet and then to the counter to get some coffee. Instantly , i saw one of the guys readying his camera to get a snapshot.;( So i immediately asked my other guy fren to intercept their view and so he got up and went to help them carry the coffee and block the view of the camera just in time when the shot was taken. So they got a shot of his butt. But there were other unfortunate girls who were already stored in their memory card.

I was really really damn freaking pissed already. Almost took out my warrant card and confronted them and threw their camera away . But i forgot my penal code and didnt know whether it was an offence to do such things.

I'm pretty sure there's a law for this. If not there better be! This is how websites like photoforum and Sggirls thrive!;( ;( This is one example of how the digital camera can be misused!

hmmm...i don't think you can do anything about it.

so long as they are not taking any indecent shots of yr gfs then there's nothing you can do about it.

just take it as a compliment that they like your gfs lor ;)

Originally posted by suhaimig
This is very good topic to discuss. Appreciate more would advice.

For me, I introduce myself to them.....:devil:

Cheers. :cool:

and then what share? :devil:

Originally posted by MrBig

hmmm...i don't think you can do anything about it.

so long as they are not taking any indecent shots of yr gfs then there's nothing you can do about it.

just take it as a compliment that they like your gfs lor ;)
its plain rude

so i suppose u are in acceptance to the photos posted on photoforum and sggirls?

Not indecent. Just snapshots posted without the knowledge of the subject

hmm...

this is a bad thing about DC...can take any type of pic instantly...

but i think its ok to take gals or guys pics...for self-keeping purpose....not posting into any form of websites lor...

i find that those ppl who posted the pics up into the sggirls or photoforum claiming that the gal inthe pic is his GF or wadever...they are really lame...if that pic of the gal really their gf...i dun think they will publish their gf's photo in the net...

never see why i never post a picture of my pretty woman in the photoforum or sggirls saying thats my mother !! :D

i think as long as the lamers never post any closeup parts like the chest or the crotch ok liao lor...

@flinchy...why dun u take the pic of the guy using the DC snapping away of gals...then post him up into the forum instead...hahah or report him to the proper channel lor..:bsmilie:

Originally posted by kindred
hmm...

this is a bad thing about DC...can take any type of pic instantly...

but i think its ok to take gals or guys pics...for self-keeping purpose....not posting into any form of websites lor...

i find that those ppl who posted the pics up into the sggirls or photoforum claiming that the gal inthe pic is his GF or wadever...they are really lame...if that pic of the gal really their gf...i dun think they will publish their gf's photo in the net...

never see why i never post a picture of my pretty woman in the photoforum or sggirls saying thats my mother !! :D

i think as long as the lamers never post any closeup parts like the chest or the crotch ok liao lor...

@flinchy...why dun u take the pic of the guy using the DC snapping away of gals...then post him up into the forum instead...hahah or report him to the proper channel lor..:bsmilie:

I wanted to use my 420ex and flash them straight in the eye, then take their digicam and do a Shotput throw down the street

Using your palms to cover the cam and placing the camera under the table IS NOT photography

Its sneaky , rude and downright despicable

its plain rude

so i suppose u are in acceptance to the photos posted on photoforum and sggirls?

Not indecent. Just snapshots posted without the knowledge of the subject

well i don't mind people taking pictures of me

i'll be delighted to know :)

but don't snap me with my clothes off lor keke ;P

if you are angry then confront them on the spot lor

BE A MAN!

this is snapshots of girls
just girls u know!
its not like he goes to set settings and compose the pictures nicely

its secret snapshots of girls

do u see streetshooters using their palms to hide their cameras or secretly placing the camera under the table to hide from view?

if lets say i use my 80-400mm VR Nikkor to zoom in from outside the cafe to your gal friend, nicely compose and take the shot in full view of a lot of people, would it make any difference?

I wanted to use my 420ex and flash them straight in the eye, then take their digicam and do a Shotput throw down the street

Using your palms to cover the cam and placing the camera under the table IS NOT photography

Its sneaky , rude and downright despicable

@flinchy

u can do the same thing as they did to ur gfs...but by law u can't really snatch their DC and throw rite ? then like that u are in the wrong liao lor.:eek:

FYI, I'm a lady lah.

Who likes having their photo taken without permission? But there is no law against this.

Put it this way, at Clubsnap gatherings and someone takes a pic of a female member without asking for permission , I can't stop him unless I put my hand in front of his camera lens or tell him not to take it cos I don't want my pic taken. If he persists, its more of a moral issue than a legal issue here.

Or if someone uses a zoom lens to take pics from afar - he or she won't even know to begin with!

Yes I agree that damage is already done - but there is nothing in the law to stop them taking the pics in the first place. Its just axxx luck.

Originally posted by kindred

@flinchy

u can do the same thing as they did to ur gfs...but by law u can't really snatch their DC and throw rite ? then like that u are in the wrong liao lor.:eek:
aiyah just expressing my thoughts

I'm pretty sure there's a law for secretly invading someone;s privacy.
I will find it!

FYI, I'm a lady lah.

Who likes having their photo taken without permission? But there is no law against this.

Put it this way, at Clubsnap gatherings and someone takes a pic of a female member without asking for permission , I can't stop him unless I put my hand in front of his camera lens or tell him not to take it cos I don't want my pic taken. If he persists, its more of a moral issue than a legal issue here.

Or if someone uses a zoom lens to take pics from afar - he or she won't even know to begin with!

Yes I agree that damage is already done - but there is nothing in the law to stop them taking the pics in the first place. Its just axxx luck.
its a question of morales

Is this a right thing to do? No
Thus the action is condemned

FYI, I'm a lady lah.

Weren't pictures of you taken at some clubsnap event and posted here? Was that done with your permission? Just curious.

FYI, I'm a lady lah.

yalor...real arse luck

don't you simply love those 10X optical zoom DC

bytheway if the guy persists on taking your pics then simply walk away lor or another method is to scream at him in public

that should be the way to go gal :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.