Status
Not open for further replies.

duhville

Oct 14, 2003
Temasek
www.onekorner.org
did some spring cleaning and found this old man in the cupboard
lens already got fungus .. i think maintainence would cost a bomb
any suggestion what should i do with this old man ?
can i sell this?

:)

oldcam1.jpg

oldcam2.jpg

oldcam3.jpg

wah good lens. 50mm f1.4 huh... pity got fungus. no harm asking repair price.
the body looks good cosmetically. if it works, sell the body alone

hmmm... wouldn't mind buying off you, i've got an old lady at home who wouldn't mind the old guy's company. :bsmilie:

wow u really do have the old lady with yah :) (looking at ur collection gallery)

bout the selling part i need to ask my real old man bout it first ... i never know it maybe the cam he use to snap the first love pic of my mother with blured background .. heheh :lovegrin:

Wow, that's the original Asahi Pentax lens - Takumar lens. The present lenses are no longer Takumar lenses. Very good lens. :thumbsup:

redstorm said:
Wow, that's the original Asahi Pentax lens - Takumar lens. The present lenses are no longer Takumar lenses. Very good lens. :thumbsup:

yes, i agree. i've got a 50 f1.8, 28 f3.5 and and a 135 f3.5. All inherited from my father-in-law. wonderful glass, super sharp and contrasty.

duhville,

no worries. my old girl has another old man to keep her company, but he's all busted up so he's basically a spare tyre for parts. hahaha :D

redstorm said:

The Takumar lenses represent the best Pentax glass up to 1975, when the K-mount was introduced. It features an all-metal construction, including the focusing ring, and Pentax's signature SMC coating starting from the one shown in the picture "Super-Multi-Coated Takumar", which later productions of the same lens has its name shorted to just "SMC Takumar". Prior to that, the "Super Takumar" and "Takumar" officially does not make use of SMC although late productions of Super Takumars are said to be SMC coated.

With the introduction of the K-mount, the name "Takumar" has then been reserved for Pentax's cheaper line of non-SMC coated lenses, such as the Takumar-A 70-200/4, or even the relatively new autofocus Takumar-F 70-210/4-5.6 ED. Yes, it has got ED, but it hasn't got SMC, and it's marketed as a consumer lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.