Is there a film industry in Singapore

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mich_2103

Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
Hey folks!
Trapped in the office, so decided to create a public poll that I wanted to do something ago... :)

Have a good week ahead, people!

Regards,
-Michelle- :)

I'm not very sure abt the media industry, but it seems like the movie industry here are dominated by big names like Jack Neo, Eric Khoo, Raintree Productions, Mediacorp.

I believe LucasArts division in Singapore is mainly to the research and technology side (like animation rendering, drawing and stuff like dat), not to the true blue movie-making thing, actors and all.

It seems that if a homebrew movie doesn't 'go through' the usual big names, it's almost doomed to fail or have a very small following with a very small review column.

well, it depends on how you actually define "industry" lor.

industry as in for example, Hollywood .. where there are professional guilds and strict guidelines protecting the jobs of professional actors and crew, or industry as in people occasionally coming up with a film or two every 2 years..hiring a crew of people who are mostly freelancing.

I would say Singapore belongs to the 2nd category.

mich_2103 said:
Hey folks!
Trapped in the office, so decided to create a public poll that I wanted to do something ago... :)

Have a good week ahead, people!

Regards,
-Michelle- :)

Are you in Mass Com? :think:

jsbn said:
I believe LucasArts division in Singapore is mainly to the research and technology side (like animation rendering, drawing and stuff like dat), not to the true blue movie-making thing, actors and all.

Yes you are rite, LucasArt will do animation rendering here in singapore... I don't think we will hab enough people for them to use... They want 300 pro here and SG only got less then the number who are really pro and dun think they will waste the time n money on training people here so good luck to those who are learning now :)

Jack Neo :thumbsup:

Dun think Singapore film industry will bloom with only Jack Neo. We need more
Jack Neos !!

cookiez said:
Dun think Singapore film industry will bloom with only Jack Neo. We need more
Jack Neos !!

other than talented directors, actors and crews....

we need a large supportive audience.

I thought the Lucasarts studio here will be focusing on animation for games..

I can't really say there's an industry, though the interest in films is high.

xieyuqi said:
other than talented directors, actors and crews....

we need a large supportive audience.

i think we have a large audience for Jack Neo only. Look at Jack Neo's movies. :bsmilie:
But for other local movies...... :nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.