Is there a fee for general cleaning of body

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyori

Mar 14, 2007
hi if i send in my camera for servicing and cleaning under warranty to canon.. need to pay??

also how long it take usually.

yes..i just called ytd in fact coz i realised there is some dust in my lens and i asked if i could send in for servicing and its still under warranty. She said it will cost ard $100!! She said warranty will cover only if the lens malfunction or have major problems. So i guess they will charge...it sucks right?

yes..i just called ytd in fact coz i realised there is some dust in my lens and i asked if i could send in for servicing and its still under warranty. She said it will cost ard $100!! She said warranty will cover only if the lens malfunction or have major problems. So i guess they will charge...it sucks right?

Your lens is not faulty, they have no obligations to clean your lens just because of a few speck of dusts in, no? Besides, dusts doesn't show in your images, learn to live with it.

hi if i send in my camera for servicing and cleaning under warranty to canon.. need to pay??

Your camera doesn't need oil service. If it's dusty (e.g. dust on sensor) then there are standard charges (check canon SG website). Dust is not a malfunction, why should warranty cover it?

Your lens is not faulty, they have no obligations to clean your lens just because of a few speck of dusts in, no? Besides, dusts doesn't show in your images, learn to live with it.

Your camera doesn't need oil service. If it's dusty (e.g. dust on sensor) then there are standard charges (check canon SG website). Dust is not a malfunction, why should warranty cover it?

Because my lens is just 2 mths old only? If having dust is a small issue, they shd offer this servicing as form of after sales service? Are you saying if the dust affect the images then they clean it for free?

Because my lens is just 2 mths old only? If having dust is a small issue, they shd offer this servicing as form of after sales service? Are you saying if the dust affect the images then they clean it for free?
Every lens has dust after some usage . My 3 week old lens starts to have dust already . It's standard

Doesn't matter if its 2 mths or not, there are even cases of dust being spot on lenses out of the box in shops, including L lenses. They do offer this servicing, but at a cost. It makes no business sense if it is free, you will see long queues at CSC all dying to get their lenses cleaned. Mind you the cleaning services is not done in a clean room.

Most likely never ending queue as we live in a world full of dust.

if they spend all their time cleaning cameras and lenses for free
then how are they going to make money???

wait till next year photo marathon.

They could offer this for free and perhaps gain more market share? Haha

then sooner or later they will close down, then got no more canon cameras
it just does not make business sense

they will not gain market share just because they offer free cleaning

They could offer this for free and perhaps gain more market share? Haha
clean your camera for free, I think you can wait long long, in this world nothing is free, money has to come from somewhere, if you insist, how about sell you a 500D at 1D price, then you got life time warranty free, can do cleaning for you for free until you sick, how does this sound to you? good deal right?

haha how come this dun seems to be my thread anymore... okok i juz need to noe the simple ans :) thanks all

Status
Not open for further replies.