Is there a camera backpack as light as Lowepro Versapack but got notebook slot?

Reportage

Nov 24, 2008
as in title.

Look at Kata bags. the new pro-light series.

Not sure if those bags are pro enough for you though.

Look at Kata bags. the new pro-light series.

Not sure if those bags are pro enough for you though.

saw that their price got slash due to GSS. Maybe just get one for days when only need one dslr, one or two lens and lunch. Laptop slot would be nice but now that i think about it, dont really bring out the laptop everyday. Will compare with a pro light nearest its price.

Can consider Thinktank Airport Essential.

I use the Kata DR467i which is very light, yet keep a lot of things. I am selling it now so you can buy from me.

Can consider Thinktank Airport Essential.

Thanks for the reply, i check a few bags but i went with the Versapack. I was thinking of using it as side loading with my camera and kit lens but boy was i surprised when just adjust the dividers and some diy, the bottom section now can fit my pro gear and flash also. Not what i had in mind but a bonus nontheless.

Top compartment is pretty luxurious when it comes to personal space. Fits my lunch and various gadgets. Only drawback is no webbing, not enough external pockets and no notebook slot but overall, pretty good. Importantly, even fully loaded...the whole bag looks small.

Last edited:
Definitely a very pro bag, especially when it can fit pro gear.

Try the manfrotto ones, I have seen one which is light and have a laptop compartment but can't remember the exact model

Check this out:

Backpacks - By Carrying Type - Bags | Manfrotto

Well i now have a Pro Runner 450 AW when i need to do heavy lifting and the Versapack for everyday carry about. Will look at Manfrotto when the bag in between them really cannot make it anymore. After this will be luggage bag size already.

Last edited:
Definitely a very pro bag, especially when it can fit pro gear.

With the Pentax K30 coming out, might just be able to fit a two camera setup and yet have small profile bag.

A K5 the size of a Kr yet around the price of other brands entry level cameras. ;)

With the Pentax K30 coming out, might just be able to fit a two camera setup and yet have small profile bag.

A K5 the size of a Kr yet around the price of other brands entry level cameras. ;)

Yes, very pro to have dual camera bodies. I wish I am half as pro as you sir.

daredevil123 said:

:bsmilie: this comment made me laugh so hard :thumbsup:

Only dreamers wish, those who want something bad enough will make the effort to go for it and boy did i get more then what i bargained for. ;)

Last edited:
"Trees" and "pros" will follow TS for the rest of his CS life :bsmilie:.

The way things are going up for me, i really really hope so. I havent had such an insane number of enquiries or hits on my images before then. Keep it coming kids! :vhappy:

In fact i will quote what you said so that people will remember or should i say, cannot forget one.

Last edited:
The way things are going up for me, i really really hope so. I havent had such an insane number of enquiries or hits on my images before then. Keep it coming kids! :vhappy:

In fact i will quote what you said so that people will remember or should i say, cannot forget one.

are you a commando? no wonder you like to snipe people from trees.

salute and respect! (honestly)

When I grow up I want to be as pro as Reportage.

hmmm there are many trees in the Gardens by the Bay domes :bsmilie:

perhaps to get good shots of the people enjoying the flora and fauna, TS can climb those trees.

hmmm there are many trees in the Gardens by the Bay domes :bsmilie:

perhaps to get good shots of the people enjoying the flora and fauna, TS can climb those trees.

Those trees are for posers.. fake trees with stairs..