Is their a problem with my Dry-Cab?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildstallion

Hey guys

My dry cabie seems like it wont settle on a humidity. I want it to be at 45% but it keeps dropping down to 35-40. The manual recomended a setting of M (or medium which is about 40-50) Iam now currently nearing the lowest setting, or (higher humidity setting of L (low)) And it still seems like the humidity is falling.

Ive left the door open for a minute so the humidty can rise to 50% then ive closed the door hoping the humidty would stabalise around the figures I want, but it keeps dropping down to 35%+.

Is the dry cabie faulty or is it because I dont open the door enough?

Any help will be greatly recieved, Thanks in Advance

Elliot

Probably the dry cab is faulty, send it for repairs if it's under warranty. Similiar to Sanyo's batteries losing it's ability to hold charge...

I don't think there is anything wrong ........ there should be a switch or button for you to fine tune the RH of the cabi ........ :)

Look up your manual ......

Don't think anything is wrong. If you notice, it seems to be stable ~ 35%. Just that it is stable at a setting that you do not want. If you just owned it/started using it for a few days, you'd need some time to tweak the controls before it really settles down.

FYI: the humidity may fluctuate too according to the external weather... more humid on wet days.

nyxx88 said:
Don't think anything is wrong. If you notice, it seems to be stable ~ 35%. Just that it is stable at a setting that you do not want. If you just owned it/started using it for a few days, you'd need some time to tweak the controls before it really settles down.

FYI: the humidity may fluctuate too according to the external weather... more humid on wet days.

Ok, but its on the lowest setting now, the difference bewteen highest and lowest setting is only 5% RH, or so it seems, it wont get any more humid in there without me opening the door, then it goes straight back down again, been trying to fine tune for over a week now.

I tend to cheat at times with my dry cabi, I just put a small cup of water inside to bring it back to 45% from 40% :)

Is there any setting between Medium and High?

wildstallion said:
Afraid the water falls over and spills on my gear :embrass:

Put it on the lowest rack. Unless you have too much gear :sweatsm:

i had the same problem as you...got my dry cabinet 2 weeks ago and for the 1st week and the humidity fluctuates like mad...but my setting is just slightly above "L"...now it ranges from 45% to 50% :) i suppose u have to give it some time

It took me about a week to stabilize mine (now at about 47%). My experience with the pesky setting knob was... a small degree of change could result in a disproportionately large swing in humidity increase/decrease. May have to be patient and try a bit more.

I could be wrong & your dry-cab may indeed be faulty :(.

Maybe can turn off the Dry-cab power? And turn on again when you think it is too high.

To be more creative, put 24h timer...

Regards,
Arto.

Artosoft said:
Maybe can turn off the Dry-cab power? And turn on again when you think it is too high.

To be more creative, put 24h timer...

Regards,
Arto.

Thats a good idea actually, didnt really think of that, yet its so obvious! :sweat:

Cheers :thumbsup:

Daniz said:
Probably the dry cab is faulty, send it for repairs if it's under warranty. Similiar to Sanyo's batteries losing it's ability to hold charge...

How long for it not to hold is considered faulty?

i just got mine today. digi cabi 40L version. just plugged it in, manual states need to let it run for 4 hours. the needle has been staying at 79% for the past hour. will let it run overnight and see what happens.

Presuming yours is the analog type since u need to use L/M/H settings for the humidity... :) Mine is also the analog type... ;)

It took me to about 1-2 days to get the real meanings to the settings and another 1 day to tune to get 40-45% RH... ;p

I used the first 2 days to get the real meanings behind the settings of L/M/H via trial and error since the manual is so "clear", then 1 more day to fine-tune for 40-45% RH... My setting is now 2-3 degrees left of L... ;)

Find yours through trial and error as it varies between dry cabinets...

Best to leave the dry cabinet on for 1 full day to get it acclimated to the desired initial setting... After that, the desired setting can be achieved easily within 2-3 hours...

Ok, its been a while now, and Im basically on the L setting, humidty is begging to stabalise around 40-50%RH (depending on how often I open the door) Took way longer then a day, over a week, but it seems to be ok now.

Question on your reading accuracy ? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.