Is the standard of Beauty Contestants Dropping?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The New Face finalists were all better than the Miss Singapore contestants.

Yeah, but considering that they are mostly SYT, after the make up they look so much OLDER in the main pictures :confused:

Yeah, but considering that they are mostly SYT, after the make up they look so much OLDER in the main pictures :confused:

not that i am that up-to-date with such events. but as long as they turn out more attractive (that alone is very subjective), its fine. being pretty isn't the sole domain of SYTs.

attractive women's age can range from anything like 16 - 40+ wan. there's the pretty school gals under 20, then there's Shu Qi over 30. she ugly arh? :sweatsm:

not that i am that up-to-date with such events. but as long as they turn out more attractive (that alone is very subjective), its fine. being pretty isn't the sole domain of SYTs.

attractive women's age can range from anything like 16 - 40+ wan. there's the pretty school gals under 20, then there's Shu Qi over 30. she ugly arh? :sweatsm:

Yeah, agreed with you. I think Shu Qi looks more than just good now and 10 years ago :bsmilie:

Just that the New Face Girls .................... let's just say that I know one of them and she looks much better with her own make up than what was in the main pictures of The New Paper :bsmilie:

BTW she herself said that she join because just to acompany her friend, both not very pretty but OK type. Even their own family members were surprise they got so far :sweat:

Yeah, agreed with you. I think Shu Qi looks more than just good now and 10 years ago :bsmilie:

Just that the New Face Girls .................... let's just say that I know one of them and she looks much better with her own make up than what was in the main pictures of The New Paper :bsmilie:

BTW she herself said that she join because just to acompany her friend, both not very pretty but OK type. Even their own family members were surprise they got so far :sweat:

maybe Shu Qi is e rare 1 who just age like wine, beauty with some X-factor.

i think the gals have to conform to certain looks to appear on covers? so some may not look good in some make-up style?

somewhere i remember Sg gals were highly rated by expats. citing our gals r hot? they were lying? :bsmilie:

Last edited:
maybe Shu Qi is e rare 1 who just age like wine, beauty with some X-factor.

i think the gals have to conform to certain looks to appear on covers? so some may not look good in some make-up style?

somewhere i remember Sg gals were highly rated by expats. citing our gals r hot? they were lying? :bsmilie:

Actually I don't think much of Shu Qi's looks as classic. Like that black singer Brandy... Eyes too far apart. heh

Last edited:
Actually I don't think much of Shu Qi's looks as classic. Like that black singer Brandy... Eyes too far apart. heh

maybe Shu Qi too oriental? :cool: agree that classic is not a good description for her.

but back to topic, in the past such contests were drawing more attractive contestants cos such contests open doors to opportunities 1 who not have had. now, those who need a door to opportunities are those who do not have it all in the looks department... :sweat:

my 2 cents.

maybe Shu Qi too oriental? :cool: agree that classic is not a good description for her.

but back to topic, in the past such contests were drawing more attractive contestants cos such contests open doors to opportunities 1 who not have had. now, those who need a door to opportunities are those who do not have it all in the looks department... :sweat:

my 2 cents.

Nah...I don't hold the same standards and perception for every girls out there. I think we should take a pause for the cause to state..we are talking specifically about Beauty Pageants....only one focus matters. Which is about beauty. How many beauty points you win in the looks department, body, inner project, personality, your articulation..etc all those are beauty points you have to gather them all up and win one over the others.

In that sense ...as we post stuff here some of us here including myself may come out looking like a very hard to please SOB male slobs and you may be only so right to think that ! heheh

But that's what judging a beauty contest is like...apart from all the other bickering and shady stuff that can happen behind the beauty scene. Don't get it mixed up with other personal sentiments...we don't hold those same rationale outside the realm of a beauty contest.

Without a doubt a lot of ladies here can hold their own in one way or another. And looks in itself can not account for everything. So we should let the ladies reading this not come away from here thinking we are a bunch of insensitive MCPs :sweat:

I think in these day and age there are so many better and more positive way for a woman to let us hear her roar and stack her claim on this world. I hope like the dinosaur contest like this will go the same way.

But enter a beauty contest...for women or men....you are fair game!!! heheh :devil:

Just want to put this out there so as to not offend the ladies. Hey bitch us back if you like..I have just as much rant on guys too. Hmm or have I open up a whole new can of worms here ? heheh

Last edited:
the lack of "powerful" women is surely giving "beauty Contests" a slow death, at least locally speaking. :devil:

"powerful" here refers to a certain level of poise, intellect, charisma, physical beauty, & so on...

edit: if i were an MCP, i think i should aim to be a rather Manically-Cute-Piggy! :bsmilie:

Last edited:
the lack of "powerful" women is surely giving "beauty Contests" a slow death, at least locally speaking. :devil:

"powerful" here refers to a certain level of poise, intellect, charisma, physical beauty, & so on...

edit: if i were an MCP, i think i should aim to be a rather Manically-Cute-Piggy! :bsmilie:

I like to see this type of powerful women taking part in our beauty pageants and maybe in politics too: :bsmilie:

yaxeni-oriquen-pink2.jpg

I like to see this type of powerful women taking part in our beauty pageants and maybe in politics too: :bsmilie:

yaxeni-oriquen-pink2.jpg

:bigeyes: wah!

well, at least she is not ugly. just alittle 'fierce', the look. got a more smiley wan? :bsmilie:

in reply to Sion:

Get down to Raffles Place area between 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. Keep both eyes open! :sweat:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.