is the smoking ban effective?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaiahfortythirtyone

Jul 17, 2005
Clementi
im doing a project on this now in NTU. communication studies. after doing research and all that, and watching the ban get implemented, i still see smokers smokign at bus stops etc. i mean...how to enforce this ban? quite impossible right? do u think its effective?

makes no diff...at all. who bothers?

i would rather they ban smoking totally and completely....

what excuse would they come up with if the call was to ban completely?
Since the reason would be bad for health and so on. So why not complete ban?
Scared many uncles would drop dead on the streets and die? Sigh...

all the hidden agendas....nobody knows the real truth... press releases given is always correct at time of print. LOL

:bsmilie:

ban ban all the way to save the earth!!!!!!!!!

sbs99 said:
i would rather they ban smoking totally and completely....

what excuse would they come up with if the call was to ban completely?
Since the reason would be bad for health and so on. So why not complete ban?
Scared many uncles would drop dead on the streets and die? Sigh...

all the hidden agendas....nobody knows the real truth... press releases given is always correct at time of print. LOL

:bsmilie:
truth? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ what else? :rolleyes:

Ban completely, I guess even singapore riot police also can't stop riot from happening.

you will see SAF regulars rioting with SAR21s and bronix around. Riot police prob also join in.

And no investors will come coz can't some can't smoke...

nobody will riot....believe it or not....the day its completely banned....the next day will juz be like any other day.

sbs99 said:
nobody will riot....believe it or not....the day its completely banned....the next day will juz be like any other day.
wrong! it will be a 100% cig smoke FREE air you're breathing!

Ban politic..ian:rolleyes:

there's a funeral wake downstairs and super crowded. just stepped into the stairway and i can smell the cig already! :(

sbs99 said:

I don't think it will happen... Are u a smoker in the first place?

Drudkh said:
there's a funeral wake downstairs and super crowded. just stepped into the stairway and i can smell the cig already! :(

:lovegrin: free insect repellent.:lovegrin: :thumbsup:

DEADMETAL said:
I don't think it will happen... Are u a smoker in the first place?

yes i am...but not a hard-core-one-stick-less-can-die type....haha
much to do about being obedient *********an...eheheehe

:cool:

I'd have to say for a ban, some form of continual control to be necessary, like bus interchanges, swimming pools. For busstops, i doubt it'd be effective to BAN, but change the mindsets of smokers. personally for me, i don't smoke at busstops or queues etc, unless im the only one at the busstop.

to be honest, i didn't even know there was a ban at the busstops already till i read your post, and have been dispensing cigs while waiting for buses.

sbs99 said:
yes i am...but not a hard-core-one-stick-less-can-die type....haha
much to do about being obedient *********an...eheheehe

:cool:

I used to be a smoker, but banning smoking completely will really cause a big stir through the country so I doubt it will ever happen.

soma said:
:lovegrin: free insect repellent.:lovegrin: :thumbsup:
yeah~ Do you smeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell what the ROCK is smoking??? :bsmilie:

uncleparty said:
I'd have to say for a ban, some form of continual control to be necessary, like bus interchanges, swimming pools. For busstops, i doubt it'd be effective to BAN, but change the mindsets of smokers. personally for me, i don't smoke at busstops or queues etc, unless im the only one at the busstop.

to be honest, i didn't even know there was a ban at the busstops already till i read your post, and have been dispensing cigs while waiting for buses.

wah...bro u better be careful. the news 2 days ago showed NEA officers fining smokers $200 on the spot. haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.