is the role of ptc(public transport council) redundant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reachme2003

Oct 6, 2003
smrt has proposed to increase its fares(mrt, bus). subject to ptc's approval. what goes on behind ptc? i think explicit explanation of why such increases are justified will help the public to accept such hikes. operators will justify such increases by claiming that costs(oil, diesel, etc) has increased. ptc, pls breakdown/analyse the cost factors and satisfy the public.

reachme2003 said:
smrt has proposed to increase its fares(mrt, bus). subject to ptc's approval. what goes on behind ptc? i think explicit explanation of why such increases are justified will help the public to accept such hikes. operators will justify such increases by claiming that costs(oil, diesel, etc) has increased. ptc, pls breakdown/analyse the cost factors and satisfy the public.

i suggest you live with it until the next election. The typical answers they give is:
1) our fairs hike is still lower than the other developed countries - so acceptable,
2) the oil price have increase - so no choice,
3) there are more richer people getting richer - so let approve,

btw, pct do not owe you any answers

reachme2003 said:

Dear rm2003,

if you wish to seek answers from PTC, may i suggest you write into the forum pages to seek clarity in terms of their policies & how they come to an agreement. I would hardly think that they would be in CS to answer your question. This is obviously not the platform to seek the answers you want.

Thank you.

i am soliciting for views from cs members with regards to the issue.

Wolfgang said:
Dear rm2003,

if you wish to seek answers from PTC, may i suggest you write into the forum pages to seek clarity in terms of their policies & how they come to an agreement. I would hardly think that they would be in CS to answer your question. This is obviously not the platform to seek the answers you want.

Thank you.

i think the most important thing is, is it ok to up the fares? i mean, fares cant remain unchange for years right? wat about inflation? do we complain and make a big hooha when our favourite chicken rice stall up a 50cents?

i guess we all would agree that a price hike is sure to come, jus that everyone dont want it to happen during their time. probably things happened in the way that PTC haven got a chance to show its ful potential to the ppl.

my 2cent worth, dont :kok: me for it :p

End of the day.... we are one party govt. Govt say bark, we bark, Govt say sit, we sit. Dont want to bark? Dont want to sit? Later you become like Mr Bak Chor Mee..... And if you want to comment and talk so much then better offer solutions if not dont question the party. So what we raises prices after elections? You voted us in and so what is there to complain about?

Anyway sense that mod is going to close this thread off soon.

centuryegg said:
End of the day.... we are one party govt. Govt say bark, we bark, Govt say sit, we sit. Dont want to bark? Dont want to sit? Later you become like Mr Bak Chor Mee..... And if you want to comment and talk so much then better offer solutions if not dont question the party. So what we raises prices after elections? You voted us in and so what is there to complain about?

Anyway sense that mod is going to close this thread off soon.

Nope. I have no intention of closing the thread so far. You are of course free to say what you want, but I do request that it be kept within the limits as spelt out by the T&C in this sub forum.

Thank you.

necessary? even ex-chairman of nwc has commented that this council should take a sabattical.

blazer_workz said:
Time for us to propose to National Wage Council for a wage increase?

ahbeng said:
i suggest you live with it until the next election. The typical answers they give is:
1) our fairs hike is still lower than the other developed countries - so acceptable,
2) the oil price have increase - so no choice,
3) there are more richer people getting richer - so let approve,

Did they ever make that 3rd statement. Apart from the inane 3rd comment, are any of the above unreasonable or untrue?

Status
Not open for further replies.