is the retailer chop on the warranty impt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoossh

Nov 29, 2005
Singapore
bought 18-200mm nikkor VR few days ago from TK photo. i ask for the warranty just in case it is grey and they gave me the warranty. however they are not stamped. i ask for it to be stamped, and the staff said that it actually doesn't matter if they are stamped or not, hesistated for maybe 5-10 sec and finally stamped it.

is there any reason why there is that hesistation? or did i worry too much?

stamp or no stamp, not as impt as the receipt. no receipt, no w'tee claim.

MY GUESSsss...they dont want to stamp it because they can still sell it as NEW lens if you decided to sell the lens back to them...

Your receipt is the most important. Without it got warranty also no use.

huh ? I was told otherwise. Warranty paper important, receipt totally not important ?!

Which is which?

Any real life experiences would be appreciated.

If I got receipt, can I not mail the warranty? I never mail warranties, cos I usually dont bother.

On the other hand must I produce the warranty together with receipt? i.e. Can I throw away the warranty?

how about just warranty paper alone? I believe the serial numbers etched at the bottom of body et ctc. are the same as those on the mailed warranty paper.

nikon warranty did not say need to mail it out.

however now i do everything properly...

1. keep all box, accessories, receipt/invoice, warranty in the (camera gear) boxes all in one corner of the house.

2. mail out as necessary, register online as necessary, print out online registration when available. printout keep in box.

3. record model, serial, place of purchase, date of purchase, date of exp in excel and in outlook contact sync to phone and palm....

ks. but when need to sell things, every info is readily available.

ohh.....****. I never ever check.....

iamdruglord said:
how about just warranty paper alone? I believe the serial numbers etched at the bottom of body et ctc. are the same as those on the mailed warranty paper.

question is - is it better for me to leave warranty unstamped or to stamped it?

Stamped or unstamped the warranty card is a useless piece of paper - except to the marketing department of the manufacturer. It's sole purpose is to collect marketing information about where from/to and to whom the equipment was sold so they can collate the information and apply the appropriate resources in the right areas.

The receipt is the ONLY thing that counts when requesting warranty support - Any qualified/authorised reseller of any brand name product will be of sufficient caliber to provide receipts with their shop name clearly displayed - the manufacturer know who their authorised resellers are, they know how long the warranty for each of their products is - all they need to know is that it came from an authorised reseller and the date it was purchased. Only the recipt will give you BOTH these pieces of information

Do you think that manufacturers don't know that people don't fill in the warranty card - do you think that not filling in the warranty card provides lifetime warranty as long as no warranty service is required - GET serious.

....end rant...

hmm...so far never keep receipt for most of my electronics, can mail i mail, only keep warranty card. And some even told me no need. They had my invoice number in comp anything wrong just call. I bought from authorised reseller so dont see a problem. :D

Actually base on my experience on computer products.....invoice or receipt is the only proof of purchase....but kiasu a bit and just to play safe...I think there is no halm to chop and mail the warranty card just incase the distributor change their policy suddenly :lovegrin: You never know what will happen especially those that came with many years warranty :lovegrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.