Is the Eastgear 100min charger good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSeet

Mar 11, 2003
North East
www.kelvinseet.com
i suspect its e same as e 100min charger sold by w3cube..
meaning its oem made in taiwan..
bought mine june 03..
in jan04 it died on me..meaning it charging batteries 1/2 shutdown on me..or somtimes it charge finish then go to trickle mode to help maintain e batteries charge.. but to my surprise and later annoyance, whenever such cases happen, e batteries went put into my cam, always indicate low power and ask me to change battery pack.. ;(
i am not sure if its e batteries or charger but my batteriese always super hot and nowadays e charger doesnt charge finish then shutdown so i am guessing its e charger..

my advice..spend $20-30 more and get a maha or sanyo
(i am gonna get a maha this wed..)
dun waste yer $30..

but all this is my opinions and is based on e assumption dat e charger is e same as e one sold by w3cube which is made in taiwan..

Actually our EastGear 100 Minute Quick Smart Charger is the actual OEM of the RipVan100 Charger (www.ripvan100.com). It is exactly the same in terms of appearance & specifications. The other model sold by the other retailer has the same specifications but is using an older IC board and may be less reliable. The other charger is also bulkier and comes with a undetachable cord.

Due to larger production volume and more stringent QC requirements from both EastGear & RipVan100, the IC board used in our chargers have ungone several improvements. In fact, we are coming out with a faster version of the RipVan100 OEM charger, which is 25% faster than its predecessor.

Dunno about other retailers, but EastGear offers a 1 year "1 for 1" exchange for any chargers bought from us. As long as the customer can prove to us that it is faulty, we will exchange it for a brand new one, no questions asked. :)

but uh... where is it made?
i read e website .. found it abit contradicting..
says it has a thermal sensor to shut down if overheat..but then it says it also has circuit to prevent overheat...
uh... zhi xiang mao dun?

so e new version not out yet?
and it can really detect voltage accordingly?
ie diff btw US and singapore?
tot e pins different? do u provide pin adaptor?

matoriv said:
but uh... where is it made?
i read e website .. found it abit contradicting..
says it has a thermal sensor to shut down if overheat..but then it says it also has circuit to prevent overheat...
uh... zhi xiang mao dun?

so e new version not out yet?
and it can really detect voltage accordingly?
ie diff btw US and singapore?
tot e pins different? do u provide pin adaptor?

The RipVan charger does have a thermal sensor to shut down when the charging temperature exceeds 52 degrees celsius. The charger is also constructed in such a way that most of the charging is done at temperatures below 50 degrees which is a pretty cool temperature.

The new version is coming out soon, stay tune for it.
It supports universal voltage 100-240V, so it's possible to use it anywhere in the world. The pin is the foldable US flat pin type and the adaptor is easily available at NTUC at $1, we will try to get some available when the new ripvan charger comes out.

so.. e current one doesnt have universal voltage??

estimated price of new model?

so apart from e 25% faster charging time and universal voltage,any other difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.