Is the big shot only for Nikon users

hlyeoh

Jun 8, 2007
Saw the big shot today and notice all users are Nikon, should't a competition be for
All photographers which ever make? And no bias to makes although I understand Nikon
Is sponsor. Your views

Saw the big shot today and notice all users are Nikon, should't a competition be for
All photographers which ever make? And no bias to makes although I understand Nikon
Is sponsor. Your views

hmm, canon does has its canon photomarathon haha so i guess nikon evens it up with bigshot :) lol

think canon users also can join unless nikon want nps only.

Is sponsor. Your views

If canon photographer win a nikon sponsor competition, it would make nikon look bad and the canon photographer would be awkward to recieves a nikon camera as prize :bsmilie:

hmm, canon does has its canon photomarathon haha so i guess nikon evens it up with bigshot :) lol

I think canon marathon do allow Nikon users to take part since it's a competition but since this is a tv reality show, why not just allow a mix of users so as not to limit the number of creative people around. Just feel it's a pity. But again kudos to Nikon for organizing it anyway. And with a Nikon and canon user Mike as one of the judge.

think canon users also can join unless nikon want nps only.

Heard you are given a Nikon for the show, both competition has a D3s around the neck. So will be a big disadvantage to Canon user on technicality part haha if force to use Nikon instead of their own personal cam.

Is sponsor. Your views

Please see properly the 1st Ep before anyhow say.:nono::nono:

Heard you are given a Nikon for the show, both competition has a D3s around the neck. So will be a big disadvantage to Canon user on technicality part haha if force to use Nikon instead of their own personal cam.

Tot it was d300?:dunno:

Tho I agree on the slight disadvantage if contestant is a Canon user.

If canon photographer win a nikon sponsor competition, it would make nikon look bad and the canon photographer would be awkward to recieves a nikon camera as prize :bsmilie:

Won't la, mostly on this forum are photographers. We all know it's not the make that makes one good. If canon receive Nikon, can eBay it haha and can cash prize. Go makan :)

Last edited:
Tot it was d300?:dunno:

Tho I agree on the slight disadvantage if contestant is a Canon user.

Different cams for each show. I believe they started with D3100, then D300s, then D3s.

Please see properly the 1st Ep before anyhow say.:nono::nono:

Oooor, my wrong. Didn watch the 1st episode. Pls advice, is it all other makes of cameras can take part but must use a assigned Nikon for the show?

Oic, it's tougher for contestants then, need to get use to different model but Nikon cam and at the same time produce good shots. Is PP allowed for the presentation shot.? As I seem to notice some PP

Oooor, my wrong. Didn watch the 1st episode. Pls advice, is it all other makes of cameras can take part but must use a assigned Nikon for the show?

I believe it's open to all, but they all were given the same setup for the competition to equalize equipment advantage/disadvantage.... At least that was how they explained.

Anyway, only the selected competitors would be able to tell you if their own setup was not Nikon.;)

I believe it's open to all, but they all were given the same setup for the competition to equalize equipment advantage/disadvantage.... At least that was how they explained.

Anyway, only the selected competitors would be able to tell you if their own setup was not Nikon.;)

Not sure there are similar tv competitions elsewhere in the world and are the rules similar?
Use assigned cams etc and how the show is made on elimination.

Won't la, mostly on this forum are photographers. We all know it's not the make that makes one good. If canon receive Nikon, can eBay it haha and can cash prize. Go makan :)

Why don't you check Nikon photo contests and see if anyone of them are canon users :bsmilie:

Why don't you check Nikon photo contests and see if anyone of them are canon users :bsmilie:

Haha I guess we will never know that but a good shot is a good shot. No denying. Just wish it to be more transparent and open that's all.

The tool is not the only thing that makes the picture. There is also one's creativity and one's eye.

aiya, dun care nikon or not nikon lah... next year we all go and join... nothing to lose! :)

Each episode....... everyone is given the SAME model camera and lens combo by Nikon

Each episode is a different camera starting with 3100 and ending with their flagship camera by last episode