is the 350k upload useful for anyone?

is the 350k upload useful for anyone?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quekky

Sep 13, 2003
www.irphotography.com
i think that ever since the piracy act, i dun think many people will still use that much bandwidth that often. maybe only occansionally to send emails or files to friends

for one thing i don't mind if i can transfer 100s of high-res photos to a online printing site for print orders and storage... but currently that's not feasible. too long to upload each photo, and local offerings give you a limited amount of storage.

wouldn't mind paying a reasonable fee for more storage - but still hindered by upstream cap (of my 1500 plan).

its too little for uploading of data esp pictures into the server. imagine just sending a few pics of 8mps, will take about 1/2 to 1 hour... its just too long. and the occassional downtime from the local ISP is just... very sad...

i suppose you mean 384Kbps upload speed? Singnet 1500/3500 & MOL 6500 provides up to this uploading speed. That's equivalent to approx 48KBps. uploading a 8MB file should take approx 3mins if the uploading speed is consistent at 48KBps/384Kbps.

Drudkh said:
i suppose you mean 384Kbps upload speed? Singnet 1500/3500 & MOL 6500 provides up to this uploading speed. That's equivalent to approx 48KBps. uploading a 8MB file should take approx 3mins if the uploading speed is consistent at 48KBps/384Kbps.

tats provided the line is 'super' clean... and the traffic is smooth...

yes, much prefer higher upstream than giving more downstream. but 384kbps is still nothing to shout about if you need to send big files by email or FTP. now I do my uploads in the office.

unfortunately the original SCV network was provisioned with very little upstream channels. I'm not sure how the new digital upgrade will improve things.

Drudkh said:
i think singnet is 350kbps, that's what written on the email.

frankly that 100k upgrade doesnt affect me at all, i seldom upload that much files, even if i do i do it overnite

Status
Not open for further replies.