Is that Such Camera or Skills???

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceParadise

Deregistered
Apr 9, 2007
Hi all, i was wonder is there any digital camera or any kind of "legendary skills"
that enable a photographer to shoot professional pictures without using any equipments and going thru graphic software editing?

What i meant by "Professional" as in those really contrast, sharp beautiful photos...(Landscape, humans, marco...)

Can anyone take a "ending photo" without using any editing or any professional equipments or even a polariser?

Possible?

:nono: I find it virtually impossible unless going thru graphic software or using lighting equipments.

What do u guys think?

Pls share yr experiences here...

Thanks. :bsmilie:

Can, go back to film equipment.
Consider carefully before you press the shutter. No PP involved. Many already done it before.
Another method, by your eyes....if you can capture it...

Hi all, i was wonder is there any digital camera or any kind of "legendary skills"
that enable a photographer to shoot professional pictures without using any equipments and going thru graphic software editing?

What i meant by "Professional" as in those really contrast, sharp beautiful photos...(Landscape, humans, marco...)

Can anyone take a "ending photo" without using any editing or any professional equipments or even a polariser?

Possible?

:nono: I find it virtually impossible unless going thru graphic software or using lighting equipments.

What do u guys think?

Possible?

What do u guys think?

The photos in the olden days when there are no digital cameras/PC around have answered your question.

photo editing/touch up is still possible with negatives...

well,i believe that if you like,you don't have to do PP.Of course exposure n white balance will have to be spot on.The reason i do PP is because i feel that it would look better if i increase the contrast and so on.Its a case of the picture looking better for me.I dun know bout u guys

Possible?

What do u guys think?

possible, like this, only reszie, USM, add signature.
Punggol&

and some of the studio works are also post as it is, no or minimum post processing. like this and this.

post processing is part of the digital work flow, sometime, you can get the effect you want by using the "correct" setting before you make the exposure, like picture above, sometime you need a do little more work to add the finishing touch.

the bottom line, you must know your medium, else you will like shoot and cross your fingers, hope of the best.

Possible?

Most of my shots are straight out of camera without PP. No secret to it.. exposure is a very important aspect... use Nikon.

I used to be very adverse to PP - thought it was "cheating". But my perspective have changed a bit.

A pro recently told me about how painters were trying to copy the greats like Leonardo, Michaelangelo and Rapheal for decades after the high renaissance period because these painters were as technically perfect as you could get in terms of perspective and colour rendition. However, there came a break in tradition when some painters started doing completely different things with brushstrokes, colours etc. Many years later, you began to get people like Goya and Velasquez in Spain and Rembrandt and Vemeer in Holland who painted technically very differently and changed the face of art. A lot of the new work that preceded them was often shunned by the artistic community as being gimmicky or impure. This pro was comparing it to the advent of photoshop and digital photography. He also avoided pp for some time, but decided that it was the new movement in photography.

I agree. As mentioned by some here before, digitial photography, including pp is a disruptive technology. It will, in time, completely change the way ppl think about image capturing and rendition. PP, imho, will become an inseprable part of the picture making process. What good pp is, is another question altogether, and one that has not been really defined yet. But the books will come out (some already have), and scholarly opinion will start to grow.

My two cents.

Just wanted to add that, one day in the very near future, a person's pp skills may well be as important as the phototaking skills! Very difficult for someone like me who has spent a considerable amount of time taking photos, but very little with pp.

photo editing/touch up is still possible with negatives...

yes, most people who has never shot film will always assume there are no post-processing done to films. the darkroom process is similar to photoshop, albeit harder.

What's the difference?

PP or no PP, when you press the shutter button certain things are set in stone already, even if you try to PP at today's imaging standards unless you are a GOSU PS nerd, you can't really add and remove elements as and when you like. The only things that change are the minor aesthetics of the photo - i.e. contrast, sharpness (limited too), tones.

Nothing to it, so long as you do not get overdazzled by what you can do in PS and lose sight of the fact that you have to do composition, good exposure, etc when you're out shooting, and not just press blindly and hope to correct it later. Even film photos can eventually be manipulated - and they are, unless you're a purist. Just scan in and then manipulate lor!

1. Digital-- probably not. At the least, most pros will do some sharpening, noise reduction because that's how DLSR's were designed to fit into the workflow.

2. Film (esp slide film)-- yes. Judicious choice of film, use of filters, correct lighting, reflectors, etc. and you'll get it. But you'll be limited if you don't want to use anything, not even a polariser. Simply put, your eyes have better dynamic range than film, so the film needs help if you want to get a great picture.

Hi all, i was wonder is there any digital camera or any kind of "legendary skills" that enable a photographer to shoot professional pictures without using any equipments and going thru graphic software editing?

Possible?

What do u guys think?

I start my photography with digital. Has never used any film camera before unless those simple types.

Has been using more than 40+ Digital Cameras. Normally DSLR would capture a better quality than any prosumers in the market due to extreme low niose. However digitally editing is always needed to concluded "ending".

I find it rather impossible to take good shots of bright sky without editing or using polariser... filters...etc.

Personally comment...

I believe pple who use film cams are more professional than digital ones, cus digital is so much simple.

Doing digial pp may be "cheating" in my concept, however one also take skills to produce great photos after PP.

By the way, i am also quiet impress with those darkroom profession.

Anyone still doing this??? Must be very expensive thou.

I started out in 1980 with a Nikon FE before progressing to a Nikon F3 in 1983. Along the way, one of the cameras I handled was a Nikon F2. For those that do not know, the Nikon F2 is totally mechanical and it does not even have a built-in meter. This was strictly used by professionals and was of course the toughest camera you could find because as it contained no electronics, it could be used in the hottest and coldest place without problem. Professionals normally used an external light meter to read the light but many of them actually relied on their own eyes to judge the condition and manually set the aperture and shutter speed plus a little bracketing and came up with properly exposed photographs that many of us would still envy today. The present cameras make it easier for beginners to get started but since the processes become somewhat automatic, it also makes it more difficult for beginners to really master photograph.

Try this for yourself. Set the ISO at 100 and without looking at the metering or checking whether the exposure is correct, make a guess what shutter speed and aperture you would use for any given condition. Without having to actually develop your negatives and printing the photographs, it is far easier to test yourself and see how sensitive or accurate are your judgment. Have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.