Is that noise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paranoia08

Jun 27, 2007
Singapore
Hi bros,

I have recently tweak my pictures in photoshop.
It seems perfect in my photoshop, but when i convert it into jpeg and open it in "microsoft photo editor", there're lots of small dots.
I don't know if that is noise as I took the photo in the day and with ISO 400.

Wondering if it'll have those white dots if I print them.

Can anyone advise me on what is that?
Will it be there be a problem if I print them out?

it could be jpg compression, it could be noise, or it could be that your adjustments to the image have been too drastic... but at what magnification are you looking at it? posting the image so we can see it can help to diagnose the issue...

40D? Strangely mine is really noisy too at lower ISOs. But I just bought it not too long so it's too early to conclude anything and too lazy to find out.

According to my crystal ball, yeah you'll be fine. If it turns out wrong then there are specific steps to follow

1. drop printer on your head
2. sue printer maker
3. BIG $$$$$$$$$$ BABY
4. make sure you walk around the biggest cemtery in chua chu kang with the money in a waterproof duffel bag so I can kill you and take it

comments can't be anywhere near conclusive if image with the issue is not examined...

I wish I can post pictures here.
But I'm not allowed to post attachment. :(

I uploaded the picture to flickr, but it turns out perfectly fine, not a single white dots.
I think it's because of the size was adjusted automatically when uploading.

it could be jpg compression, it could be noise, or it could be that your adjustments to the image have been too drastic... but at what magnification are you looking at it? posting the image so we can see it can help to diagnose the issue...

25% zoom and you can see those dots.
Not even 50% zoom... :(

40D? Strangely mine is really noisy too at lower ISOs. But I just bought it not too long so it's too early to conclude anything and too lazy to find out.

Yes, 40D.
It's only when opening with "microsoft photo editor" then you can see.
No problem when opening with photoshop and digital photo professional.

Status
Not open for further replies.