Is that call really that important?

Nothing to do with the phone.

The girl was crossing when the traffic light was in favour for the motor vehicles to drive on.

She completely disregarded the traffic light system and EXPECTED the vehicles to slow down and give her right of way.

Do you really not know what a rhetorical question is? :eek:

Yup i do know it's a rhetorical question. my point is, what's the use of posting such topics discussed here so many times about the disregard of safety.

Yup i do know it's a rhetorical question. my point is, what's the use of posting such topics discussed here so many times about the disregard of safety.

The safety message cannot be repeated enough times.

Any logical human beings with right-sounded mind will not disgard any safety messages as extra or too much. Do you ever felt "too much" when your love ones kept reminding you to be careful on your way everyday?

She not only endangered her own life but also the lives of other road users

Such video serves more impact than words as a warning to everyone. Luckily there's no redundant question on why such thread on safety should not be in a photography forum nor KOPITIAM section.

This profound question is from Sion :
Is making a call while crossing the road = asking to be hit? :bsmilie:

Why only bashing pedestrians? Car drivers and motorbike riders are guilty as well. It doesn't matter how one participates in public traffic, a phone call is a distraction and it's calling for an accident, rather.
Research has shown that talking while driving has the same effect as driving under influence of alcohol at a level that is very close to be illegal in SG.

I hate irresponsible road users, be it pedestrians/car drivers/motorbike riders/bus drivers/truck drivers. A stupid move (like talking on the phone) by a just one road user could led to a chain of collisions

I have seen a couple of "live" accidents, and it scares me to think if I was involved in those accidents if my family(5 year old kid, and 70+years old parents) is in the car with me.

The safety message cannot be repeated enough times.

Totally agree, in fact THAT happened to me in Melbourne last year. Was driving past Collins Street a woman stepped off the pavement and DIRECTLY into the path of my car. She was oblivious to anything as she was too busy SMSing or reading something on her phone.

Suffice to say I ended up pressing the horn with my chest, as my hands were busy keeping my face from getting plastered into the windscreen from the emergency braking. I narrowly missed her by an inch, till today I wonder if she even learned her lesson even?

Suffice to say I ended up pressing the horn with my chest, as my hands were busy keeping my face from getting plastered into the windscreen from the emergency braking. I narrowly missed her by an inch, till today I wonder if she even learned her lesson even?
Sounds as if you were not buckled up? Another safety message for you then? :bsmilie:

Sounds as if you were not buckled up? Another safety message for you then? :bsmilie:

LOL, not really. Hate to admit it but Aussie standards of maintaining cars is crap compared to SG!

My seat belt mechanism had become loose over the years (its a 2nd-hand car) so when I braked, it failed to 'catch' the seat belt hence my kissing the dashboard. :embrass:

Suffice to say I had the mechanism tightened during the next servicing and its fine now.

Why only bashing pedestrians? Car drivers and motorbike riders are guilty as well. It doesn't matter how one participates in public traffic, a phone call is a distraction and it's calling for an accident, rather.

Cure for using phone while driving - russian style.

[video=youtube_share;UamPZjJVEOQ]http://youtu.be/UamPZjJVEOQ[/video]