Is smrt's train evacuation plans adequate?


Status
Not open for further replies.

reachme2003

Senior Member
Oct 6, 2003
3,735
0
0
#1
after what had happened in london's underground train, i am highly doubtful that our smrt's train current evacuation plans are adequate. how many of us have participated in such evacuation plans?

with two emergency exits at each end of the train, and maybe 200 - 300 passengers aboard rushing to leave the train. i hate to imagine what will happen?
 

reachme2003

Senior Member
Oct 6, 2003
3,735
0
0
#3
to me, the absence of dustbins are a minor inconvenience to bear.

Snowcrash said:
time will tell... ...

I miss the dust bins within the station...
 

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
21,905
0
0
Planet Nikon
#4
Removal of dustbins are to prevent bomb planting.

But like SAF, everything is just for show and tell only.
 

reachme2003

Senior Member
Oct 6, 2003
3,735
0
0
#5
care to explain further?

espn said:
Removal of dustbins are to prevent bomb planting.

But like SAF, everything is just for show and tell only.
 

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
21,905
0
0
Planet Nikon
#6
reachme2003 said:
care to explain further?
Explain what? Dustbins, like in movies are good ways to conceal bombs and everything else, thus the removal was as such.
 

reachme2003

Senior Member
Oct 6, 2003
3,735
0
0
#7
most of us knows that already.

espn said:
Explain what? Dustbins, like in movies are good ways to conceal bombs and everything else, thus the removal was as such.
 

amospi

New Member
May 5, 2005
658
0
0
#9
EVER WONDER WHY THEY WANT TO TARGET SINGAPORE??? SUCH A SMALL COUNTRY WITH SUCH SMALL POPULATION. WHAT MAKE THEM TARGET SINGAPORE SOME PEOPLE CAN'T EVEN FIND SINGAPORE IN THE MAP.???

DID THE SINGAPOREAN DO SOMETHING TO ANGER THEM OR WHAT?
JUST GET THOSE WHO MAKE THEM PISS OFF LA!! ( MANY PEOPLE WILL BE GLAD).:sweatsm: :sweat:
 

reachme2003

Senior Member
Oct 6, 2003
3,735
0
0
#10
we were targeted by JI before and we will remain a target. to think otherwise is inconceivable.

amospi said:
EVER WONDER WHY THEY WANT TO TARGET SINGAPORE??? SUCH A SMALL COUNTRY WITH SUCH SMALL POPULATION. WHAT MAKE THEM TARGET SINGAPORE SOME PEOPLE CAN'T EVEN FIND SINGAPORE IN THE MAP.???

DID THE SINGAPOREAN DO SOMETHING TO ANGER THEM OR WHAT?
JUST GET THOSE WHO MAKE THEM PISS OFF LA!! ( MANY PEOPLE WILL BE GLAD).:sweatsm: :sweat:
 

amospi

New Member
May 5, 2005
658
0
0
#11
reachme2003 said:
we were targeted by JI before and we will remain a target. to think otherwise is inconceivable.
Should "this country" were to keep a low profile like Hongkong or Taiwan on this topic all the above thing might never happen. Speak to the Taxi driver and you will discover more than what is report, not on once but many time. ( They went to take couse for this T thing. )
 

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
21,905
0
0
Planet Nikon
#12
reachme2003 said:
we were targeted by JI before and we will remain a target. to think otherwise is inconceivable.
Funny thing is... all along they weren't detected, but after the 911 incident immediately they were found. Hehe...
 

amospi

New Member
May 5, 2005
658
0
0
#14
King Tiger said:
As long as Singapore allies with Western Power, we are being target.
ALLIES IS ONE THING, HAPPILY ANNOUNANCE TO THE WORLD ABOUT THAT IS ANOTHER THING THAT CAUSE THE PROBLEM..:thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd: :angry:
 

#15
amospi said:
Should "this country" were to keep a low profile like Hongkong or Taiwan on this topic all the above thing might never happen. Speak to the Taxi driver and you will discover more than what is report, not on once but many time. ( They went to take couse for this T thing. )
HongKongers and Taiwanese authorities are more concern about Taiwan indepndence issue, Korean tension and dispute with Japan.
Hence, the probabilities of getting hit by terrorsim is low as compare to Singapore.

But one thing for sure, terrorism and Al Qaeda are not interested in North Korea. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
 

#18
espn said:
Funny thing is... all along they weren't detected, but after the 911 incident immediately they were found. Hehe...
I remember when US storm Afganistan in 2002, they found a video tape in Al Qaeda organisation filming Yishun MRT, the tape was later pass to Singapore ISD and the story goes on.......................
 

amospi

New Member
May 5, 2005
658
0
0
#20
King Tiger said:
Well..... no choice lor.:confused:
This is politics.
Well at least they put in effort in getting those JI to protect there invester and investment.. but people like you and me will have to pray to the 'TI KONG' or 'YE SHU' for protection...:sweat:
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom