Is Slik Sprint Pro 3-way good for 7D?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamPaul

Sep 5, 2007
Hi. I've bought Slik Sprint Pro 3-way pan head tripod few years ago for my 400D, mainly used when travelling cos of light weight. http://www.thkphoto.com/products/slik/slik-ss4.html
However, I've recently upgraded to 7D & will probably buy a 70-200 F4 IS. Is this tripod good enough for the setup?
I've read a few threads regarding tripods & many said stable & light weight aren't cheap. Does it mean this tripod is not good, cos' it's not an expensive type. Otherwise, any good & lightweight to consider for travelling? about $300 budget...pls advise..Tks!

P/s: Also plus my 580EXII flash..

Last edited:

ricleo

Mar 13, 2004
Eastern Singapore
if you are on a budget, i think 70-200 F4IS +7D when used with a tripod collar, should work well on a Slik sprint pro.

For travelling, lightweight and compactness of the slik is great. You may want to replace the pan head with a ball head, easier control and more compact/easier for travelling.

300 budget, not sure if you can get a CF tripod.

2evans

Nov 8, 2007
from the specs this is the max load:

* 4.4 lbs. with camera or equipment properly balanced, unbalanced camera/lens combination should be less than 3 lbs.

SamPaul

Sep 5, 2007
if you are on a budget, i think 70-200 F4IS +7D when used with a tripod collar, should work well on a Slik sprint pro.

For travelling, lightweight and compactness of the slik is great. You may want to replace the pan head with a ball head, easier control and more compact/easier for travelling.

300 budget, not sure if you can get a CF tripod.
Tks for the advice! I Can increase my budget if needed, most important must be light..

SamPaul

Sep 5, 2007
from the specs this is the max load:

* 4.4 lbs. with camera or equipment properly balanced, unbalanced camera/lens combination should be less than 3 lbs.
Does it mean it'll not be stable if the equipment is less than 3lbs?:confused:

Lime43

Sep 4, 2007
Does it mean it'll not be stable if the equipment is less than 3lbs?:confused:
no it means camera setups with bad CG like a camera with a 70-200 must weigh less then 3lbs for it to be stable

SamPaul

Sep 5, 2007
no it means camera setups with bad CG like a camera with a 70-200 must weigh less then 3lbs for it to be stable
Ok understand liao. So 7D + 70-200mm F4 IS is about 1.569kg (i.e more than 3lbs) so guess must use tripod collar like Ricleo said, in order to be stable..

Jul 17, 2005
Clementi
consider the Slik Pro340DX. 5kg load capacity. pair it with a manfrotto 486RC2 ball head. still small and light enough to be transportable for travelling. :)

you've spent $2,500 on your camera. do get a decent tripod to go along wiht it

SamPaul

Sep 5, 2007
consider the Slik Pro340DX. 5kg load capacity. pair it with a manfrotto 486RC2 ball head. still small and light enough to be transportable for travelling. :)

you've spent $2,500 on your camera. do get a decent tripod to go along wiht it
Ok. Will check it out on the above..of course, I'm not going to be stingy on a proper set up if need to..afterall alrdy spend few k on equipements..another few hundred will not make a diff. to me...Thank you..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom