Is Sengkang REALLY far???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ding Shan Ben

May 6, 2005
Hong Kong
I am thinking of getting a flat at SK.

But when i say "Sengkang" lots of my friends and colleagues say "Wah! So far!".

Is it really that far?

Is it really INCONVENIENT?

It is depends on where your destination is and where is your flat located at?

To me, it is ok but I still pick Hougang. Currently, see the new flats are being built near to Jln Kayu that side which is quite ulu somehow (to me).

If your flat is near to the MRT station, I think it is not, with the NEL (I start to love it), it can bring you to town (Orchard) in 30mins time!

I still think that Bkt Gombak, CCK, Marsling is farer...

sumball said:
It is depends on where your destination is and where is your flat located at?

To me, it is ok but I still pick Hougang. Currently, see the new flats are being built near to Jln Kayu that side which is quite ulu somehow (to me).

If your flat is near to the MRT station, I think it is not, with the NEL (I start to love it), it can bring you to town (Orchard) in 30mins time!

I still think that Bkt Gombak, CCK, Marsling is farer...

I mean GENERALLY, bcos i am not certain my destination is. :)

now i am working in Redhill but i will quit one day or move office. thus, location i guess, have be in GENERAL terms loh.....

No, I stay in Punggol, even further, and I love Punggol, check out some pictures of Punggol in this forum.

If you want, can get a same block as me, so CONVENIENT!! 24 hours coffee shop just down bellow, LRT station just at doorstep, Punggol MRT only one station away.

2nd floor still have one 4-room unit available, but I think you need to be other race than can apply.

Just in case you need to run away for whatever reasons, can just swim to JB from here.

Without NEL, it is....I use to travel 1hr15m on SBS Express to Raffless Place almost daily...so tiring everyday :sweat: But with NEL...the travel time is cut short to about 40mins.....with that kind of ride comfort......it was a far cry :thumbsup:

But IMO SK still needs another 1 to 2 malls to rival nearby estate like Tampines, AMK or Bishan, with cineplex will be better....Neverthess it does offer the cleanliness and peace of every new estate has.....so it is quite a fresh experience :D

sengkang is nearer than my place....

i stay in the corner of punggol, in front of my block is the sea liao

at least SK still got a big shopping mall....punggol plaza is nothing in comparison....lol

From Sengkang mrt to Clarke Quay only 25 minutes!! if you take NEL, and there is LRT along the HDB, its not as full pack as in the city, but its quite fun staying here.

Before NEL, my friend once invited me to her place in Sengkang. I jokingly ask her "Must bring passport?" She :sticktong at me. :sweatsm:

No lah, since the opening of NEL, Sengkang is very accessible. Approx 25 mins to the city by MRT. Those that are really far from city by MRT are Kranji, Marsling etc Those on the extreme Northwest of SG.

Seng Kang is a lovely place been there to do some deals before very peaceful area and there's LRT and MRT so it isnt that far from town :)

i used to think sk is far from city area, but with NEL, it is within 30mins travelling time. u can also travel within sk area in LRT.

but if u are driving to work, then headache... traffic jam all the way from upper serangoon straight till bugis area. CTE too.

Ding Shan Ben said:
I mean GENERALLY, bcos i am not certain my destination is. :)

now i am working in Redhill but i will quit one day or move office. thus, location i guess, have be in GENERAL terms loh.....

In general, then Sengkang might be far. Imagine.... you stay in Sengkang and work in Boon Lay. Wah steam ah! :sweatsm:

I stay in Bt Merah Central, near your work place. :) From Redhill MRT to Sengkang MRT is approx 45mins; change at Outram MRT.

wah! so many Sengkangers! cool!:) yeah.. last time got to take such long bus trip to town.. now NEL..so fast..:) :thumbsup: if want to go jurong.. take to Outram park and change east-west line..

I too live in punggol, lots of things to shoot, CTE is a problem, so I travel via serangoon. But which expressway is not jammed in the morning.

Wait for 2007 when the new expressway will open, connecting the TPE to ECP.
and not forgetting the future park at punggol end.

Ding Shan Ben said:
I am thinking of getting a flat at SK.

But when i say "Sengkang" lots of my friends and colleagues say "Wah! So far!".

Is it really that far?

Is it really INCONVENIENT?

very far!!! lOlx ... cannot wait to move out of e place :bsmilie:

Between Sengkang and Pasir Ris, which would you rather be in? ;)

Seriously, i think that the NEL is a godsend too. It's actually much more pleasant to go downtown in the NEL than the MRT, so much so that i take 15min bus ride from my place to Hougang NEL. Dhoby Ghaut NEL station is now my interchange of choice.

I always got confused when visiting friends living in Sengkang. Even some taxi drivers complaint about the naming of the roads. Why can't they just called it ave 1 or street 31 etc etc like other estates??? :dunno:

Reflection said:
Between Sengkang and Pasir Ris, which would you rather be in? ;)

I had the choice between Sengkang and Pasir Ris, and finally chose SK. Never regret, SK is a quite place and quite convenient with NEL.

Carllim said:
I always got confused when visiting friends living in Sengkang. Even some taxi drivers complaint about the naming of the roads. Why can't they just called it ave 1 or street 31 etc etc like other estates??? :dunno:

That's true. They just try out new naming convention. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.