Is SD card safe in X-ray machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clement Low

Jun 2, 2007
Simei
Is the SD card safe in the airport x-ray machine. The other time, I placed my SIM card in my wallet and went thru x-ray belt. (went to china) All the phone numbers got deleted, the card in the handphone was fine. I wonder if its the same for SD card. Anybody brought spare SD card in the bag and pass thru x-ray before? Or is it just those made in China X-ray machines...:think:

SD card is safe from airport x-ray. Your card is porbably damaged because you place it in your wallet. I've gone through x-ray with SD and CF cards without a problem.

the radiation emitted by an x-ray machine is not that high as normally thought off. so the damage of ur card by the x-ray machine is very unlikely.

Safe :)
My OTG Harddisk and my SD cards went thru several times no issues

Ryan

OT a little bit.

If i place my Dslr, lens, flash, cards through the x-ray machine...will be ok right? I first time going overseas next month with my kit so abit blur...

OT a little bit.

If i place my Dslr, lens, flash, cards through the x-ray machine...will be ok right? I first time going overseas next month with my kit so abit blur...
mine went thru at least a few times together with all my SD, HDD, MP3... all no problem till date...

OT a little bit.

no problem for all my storage devices, cameras, hp.. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.