Is Samsung lens okay?

kengoh

Jan 23, 2004
Singapore
I'm considering Samsung 18-250 over the Tamron 18-250 since Pentax one is much more expensive.
The Samsung one is slightly cheaper than the Tamron but it's only 1yr warranty compared to Tamron's 3yrs. :think:
Anyone has experience with Samsung lens? Wonder how's their image quality.
I can't seems to find reviews of this lens.

Samsung lens is the same as Pentax, just with a different exterior. Optics-wise it's the same with the same coatings as well. I'm a lucky user of Samsung lenses. ;)

IMG_2239.jpg

Last edited:
Oh samsung is using the same mount as Pentax.

I'm soo outdated, didn't know this. How much is Samsung 12-24?

Thoes samsung lenses are really similar to pentax ones :bigeyes: same except for words and blue ring instead of green

Oh samsung is using the same mount as Pentax.

I'm soo outdated, didn't know this. How much is Samsung 12-24?

Samsung lenses is made by pentax at their Vietnam plant and rebadged schneider. funny, FA 35 F2 is a carbon copy of D-xenogon 35 f2. :)

Samsung Bodies are also k-mount and also made by Pentax.

Thoes samsung lenses are really similar to pentax ones :bigeyes: same except for words and blue ring instead of green

Oh and the rubber part is little squares like the DA WR kit lenses and unlike the normal DA lenses. Does the DA 12-24 lens hood have a cut-out for CPL, because the Samsung lens hood does not

Yup the 35/2 is exactly the same!

Samsung lens is the same as Pentax, just with a different exterior. Optics-wise it's the same with the same coatings as well. I'm a lucky user of Samsung lenses. ;)

Samsung lenses is made by pentax at their Vietnam plant and rebadged schneider. funny, FA 35 F2 is a carbon copy of D-xenogon 35 f2. :)

Samsung Bodies are also k-mount and also made by Pentax.

Same coating with Pentax, those SMC coatings? ;p
If that's the case, it will be a good choice over the Tamron. Wonder if it has the Quick-Shift feature?

Really, then gmarket will be a frequent site browsed by many here.

Same coating with Pentax, those SMC coatings? ;p
If that's the case, it will be a good choice over the Tamron. Wonder if it has the Quick-Shift feature?

I don't think the DA 18-250 has quick-shift, so the Samsung won't have either.

My SA 12-24 has quick-shift, just like the DA version.

I don't think the DA 18-250 has quick-shift, so the Samsung won't have either.

My SA 12-24 has quick-shift, just like the DA version.

Yeah, yesterday FengWei mentioned that. I just hoping Samsung can do better than Pentax. :lovegrin:
Envy your SA 12-24 ;p

There's a IT show this coming Thursday.
Anyone has idea if Samsung will sell their Pentax mount lens?

yesterday i was at MANLY during evening. then someone with a white KX came to look for mr quek,. i think he reserved a samsung 18-250 lenses.
after that i left.

yesterday i was at MANLY during evening. then someone with a white KX came to look for mr quek,. i think he reserved a samsung 18-250 lenses.
after that i left.

So you are the guy with your gf? :lovegrin:

Due to their previous collaboration, the smasung lenses are rebadged versions of the Pentax lenses but less the SMC coating if I am correct. As for the schneider optics, this is interesting because I think Pentax uses their own optics. So far they have not indicated anywhere in their literature on the use of optics from other manufacturers. Anyone can confirm? :)

So you are the guy with your gf? :lovegrin:

nope... i was the guy inside alone just when you came in...
i believer you came with a friend ?