Is Photojournalism dead?

flipfreak

Nov 26, 2007
Singapore
www.rogerchua.com
just finished an article by Neil Burgess, a founder of Magnum in London.

http://www.epuk.org/Opinion/961/for-gods-sake-somebody-call-it

not too sure abt the other countries around the world but it is pretty similar to what is happening here i think. not sure where or what the inspiring pj can do in a few years time.

dingaroo

Dec 6, 2009
Singapore | East
Since citizen journalism through blogging is now pretty common, is a PJ still needed?

clioboy

May 25, 2008
all we need is stomp..;p

and tat is so :cry:

krishna91

Oct 14, 2009
Asia
Independent photojournalism is on the rise.

Octarine

Staff member
Jan 3, 2008
Pasir Ris
Since citizen journalism through blogging is now pretty common, is a PJ still needed?
Did I miss the irony tags in 'citizen journalism'? :bsmilie:
Ok, let's be fair .. in can work and grow in the right environment. But 'st*mp' is a weed hard to kill.

Octarine

Staff member
Jan 3, 2008
Pasir Ris
it has evolved into stomp? :sweat:
No, stomp is like weed. It shows that something can exists, but the real things have yet to grow :)
Imho, journalism implies a quality level. It's more than just crying over spilled milk and poking at shallow emotions. The revealings about NKF is something I'd consider as real journalism :thumbsup:
In other countries journalism is also called 'the 4th power', next to the 3 usual powers in every country. But power requires responsibility, something that stomp's 'feeders' will never take up.

Reportage

Nov 24, 2008
depends on the quality of the press and variety available.

Thing is, other then SPH and Mediacorp...not much work for photo journalists.

A lot of event pictures are either from AP or AFP and the reports are from wired agencies as far as i know.

One independent news would be Red Sports. They do mostly local but the report/pic is first hand.

Last edited:

An drew

May 27, 2005
This is sad. Real sad. Long live wedding photographers!

Top Bottom