Is photography largely a young-man's hobby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hope107fm

Feb 9, 2008
Bedok, Singapore, Singapore
Having been a member since 2008 and logged in almost everyday I can't help but conclude that photography in Singapore is largely dominated by the young and male (based on the profiles of the TS). I guess I belong to the 'minority' group at age 61 but that does not stop me from enjoying my hobby and learning from this forum.:bsmilie:

Cheers :thumbsup:

LOL when i read the thread title i was like "wow define young men.. the photographers i met are all like 30+, not old enough?"
then here you go saying you're 61.. hmm i think there's old photographers but possibly they don't use forums such as clubsnap? haha.

The Divine Sisterhoot of the Secret CS Angels have their own hidden mystery domain said to be impenetrable even by the greatest kings and executioners and from whence they rule the universe and remain omniscient, yet invisible to mere male mortals rummaging and pillaging the open kingdoms.

Last edited:
LOL when i read the thread title i was like "wow define young men.. the photographers i met are all like 30+, not old enough?"
then here you go saying you're 61.. hmm i think there's old photographers but possibly they don't use forums such as clubsnap? haha.

Oh no.. so I'm considered an old man..:cry:

I think I am the oldest here, and the last I check in the toilet I was a woman

Having been a member since 2008 and logged in almost everyday I can't help but conclude that photography in Singapore is largely dominated by the young and male (based on the profiles of the TS). I guess I belong to the 'minority' group at age 61 but that does not stop me from enjoying my hobby and learning from this forum.:bsmilie:

totally disagree...i have many friends, on CS and are females...

totally disagree...i have many friends, on CS and are females...

We know there are female shooters. But you don't think males are the majority?

The Divine Sisterhoot of the Secret CS Angels have their own hidden mystery domain said to be impenetrable even by the greatest kings and executioners and from whence they rule the universe and remain omniscient, yet invisible to mere male mortals rummaging and pillaging the open kingdoms.

for a moment i thought its mr sion who is writing this.
:sweat:

perhaps the elders are not as tech savvy and do not surf clubsnap, while the younger generation spend more time on the computer than behind the lens :bsmilie:

no lah, u wrong.....most of us or ME just surf, see chabor will run to reply, the older ones no time, got family and work? ahhahaah

real shooters or just cam whore? please dont blast me as i seen tons of them..

Actually, that applies to males too.

That's because you are handsome. :)

eh hello, dun announce boleh? that will attract more leh then my wife will ask why i always in CS, photography or stompergraphy....different u know?:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

The other day I joined a CS XMM photoshoot everyone is near 70s except the model of course. :)

The other day I joined a CS XMM photoshoot everyone is near 70s except the model of course. :)

wah...if the model near 70s....its not milf...its like gmilf liao....:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.