Is olympus tough 8000 really that bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

song

Feb 23, 2002
homex.coolconnect.com
Hi all,

I am really interested in getting the tough 8000 since it has a 28mm which means i can own one P&S for both submerged and landscape photography.

But it seems like review so far says its picture quality is very lousy. Any user or people got other comment?

thanks

Those tough series (past present) are not made for good IQ photo but has improved since version 1. It was meant for water and harsh condition candid photography where user is to capture image as the purpose.

Stay within iso200 and things will do fine. If you have never seen a frozen camera, try putting it into the freezer box, it still works but is only applicable for cold enviroment since cold to hot temp will cause fogging.

I once declared these camera as the most hygienic camera as you can wash them with soap.:bsmilie:

Hi all,

I am really interested in getting the tough 8000 since it has a 28mm which means i can own one P&S for both submerged and landscape photography.

But it seems like review so far says its picture quality is very lousy. Any user or people got other comment?

thanks

Never trust reviews as different people have different opinions. Go try it out yourself.

Some good points posted already. Go try it yourself and see if the shots are acceptable for you. As everything, there's a compromise and in these models, they focus on ruggedness versus image quality. If you really want the ability to take great underwater photos, SLR + housing + strobes is the way to go. 'Course that's a magnitude more expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.