Is Nikon D70 a good camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikor_d

Jun 17, 2004
:) Hi lads

Is Nikon D70 a good camera. :)

absolutely good camera. it's a very good camera at it's price range and for it's performance. :)

How do you define good?

What is your objective when taking photographs? If you are just talking about candid shots and totally tasteless composition, then any P & S will do, and it will cost you at least a 1000 dollars cheaper (excluding the amount u will save on lenses), which u can spend on more storage, a computer to edit your shots and also a dry-cabi and then some.

For better advice, u might want to be more specific as to what you want to understand about the camera's capabilities and whether it will suit your needs. ;)

:)
Adiemus said:
absolutely good camera. it's a very good camera at it's price range and for it's performance. :)

Thank you very much, Adiemus :)

nikor_d said:
Hi lads

if you r prepared to throw a min. of $4K, a teckie and you admire some nice photos you seen and don't mind the extra 'chore' of lugging a big camera and accessories bag - GO FOR IT - cannot be wrong.

If you are richer - then maybe look higher .

If you are less rich and only want to take nice picture for record only - then wise to think again - the latest higher end P&S are very good. And with Photoshop, you also can do many wonderful things.

If you are serious on taking photography as a hobby, this cam will made a very ideal starting point.

[QUOTE....... If you are just talking about candid shots and totally tasteless composition, then any P & S will do, ........ ;)[/QUOTE]

Comment slightly too strong. Art of composition is by brainware - not the hardware.

novaD70 said:
[QUOTE....... If you are just talking about candid shots and totally tasteless composition, then any P & S will do, ........ ;)

Comment slightly too strong. Art of composition is by brainware - not the hardware.[/QUOTE]

:thumbsup: well said......

nikor_d,

If you are going into DSLR... u got to think long term...... I have been spending non stop since I got mine..... :bsmilie:

it's just too addictive..... :blah:

yes it is...
2k plus for the kit set is just the beginning....looking at all the lenses and accessories? can u really resist the temptation?

If you are serious about photography as hobby go for it. this camera is very value for money. But like what the rest say, when you buy into SLR/DSLR, your spending dun stop there...

If you want speed and low noise, this is the one for you.... but there are lots of hidden costs! Money and Money.... as you need to invest in D70 accessories...

I used to use a P & S camera... after i sold the P & S and got myself D70 and never turn back!

D70= :thumbsup:

Well when you buy into a SLR/DSLR you don't buy a camera you buy a system. Therefore it all depends on what you wanted. Luckily you can take your time and slowly think and developed it into what you wanted. In any case you will still have to spent but with some decipline you can do it slowly and surely. It is quite different with Pro-consumer camera as a DSLR/SLR will not be obsolete so fast and normally will still give you many years of service even if it becomes obsolete. It is the lens that you will have to be selective as many good ones are sometimes more expensive than the body itself and that is where your money will go to.

These costly investment will oso train u to be work more harder and earn more $$ to get more accessory stuff u want :bsmilie:

Sorry for the "strong comment".

Initially, i thought that this posting was a farce.... much like flame bait for another war.

But then again, i gave him the benefit of the doubt at the end ;)

concuss said:
Sorry for the "strong comment".

Initially, i thought that this posting was a farce.... much like flame bait for another war.

But then again, i gave him the benefit of the doubt at the end ;)

Yes Sir, Captain Concuss, SIR!!

Would you ( who have the D70) suggest to get the D70 body alone or the kit with lense. If you plan to buy more lenses in the future, does it mean you wouldnt really need the lense fron the kit?

JAG said:
Would you ( who have the D70) suggest to get the D70 body alone or the kit with lense. If you plan to buy more lenses in the future, does it mean you wouldnt really need the lense fron the kit?

I would get the Kit.. if you didnt already have lenses.. and even if you did I would get the Kit.. the 18-70 is an awesome lens.. covering 27-105.. a very good focal range in my opinion..

gadrian said:
I would get the Kit.. if you didnt already have lenses.. and even if you did I would get the Kit.. the 18-70 is an awesome lens.. covering 27-105.. a very good focal range in my opinion..

Ok, Thanks for your suggestion :thumbsup:

nikor_d said:
:) Hi lads

Yes, my friend, Nikon D70 is indeed a very good camera. :thumbsup:

...but so too is the Canon EOS 300D! :blah:

*runs away b4 his ass gets flamed* ;p

Garion said:
Yes, my friend, Nikon D70 is indeed a very good camera. :thumbsup:

...but so too is the Canon EOS 300D! :blah:

*runs away b4 his ass gets flamed* ;p

are you using the canon eos 300d?