Is new camera box sealed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NUSFZ5

Nov 29, 2005
when you buy the FZ camera, are all the camera box sealed?

I bought the camera with the box opened and no any seal? was it normal? I heard that should be sealed untill you open it.

Not true. All the cameras that I have bought comes with the box unsealed. Just make sure the camera is brand new with no scratch etc.

NUSFZ5 said:
when you buy the FZ camera, are all the camera box sealed?

I bought the camera with the box opened and no any seal? was it normal? I heard that should be sealed untill you open it.

mine is sealed, and unsealed right before me so i could check the contents and camera before paying. That was in MS Colour and a Finepix. I reckon sometimes you get unsealed boxes because the shop had used your camera as a "test" unit for potential customers?:think:

Bought my cam from MS Color too. A Fuji E550 and it was sealed. The cam's plastic packaging was also sealed.

Cheers....

for me the box unsealed.

mine wasn't sealed - my advice to you: quit being paranoid and enjoy your new camera. :) go out and take photos. and share the good ones.

Reminds me of buying new HP from the shops, there is normally a sticker "seal" on the box. My FZ5 box does not comes with a seal.

woa my camera from alan photo funan also unseal one...which means got open up and see before one.
damn feel a bit cheated liao...;(
should have go to MS colour instead,bad luck on my part.

But the thing is, what difference does an unsealed box makes? Higher shutter count? Just like when you take delivery of a new car, do you expect the mileage to be '0'? To me the QC of the set is more important, then if the box is sealed or not.

I believe the shops could print some stickers to "seal" the boxes even after opening if they want.

they don't have to print the stickers cause they might already have the sticker,is just a matter whether they want to paste it over only.

Usually the packaging is opened for inspection and to stamp the warranty card.
of course, it could also mean it was opened for another customer that decided not to buy it..
mine was opened anyway....

Thought QC was done by the manufacturer prior to packing? :dunno:

Simon_84 said:
woa my camera from alan photo funan also unseal one...which means got open up and see before one.
damn feel a bit cheated liao...;(
should have go to MS colour instead,bad luck on my part.

All brand new Panasonic cameras are unsealed, even if you buy from MS Color. You may like to check the battery and the SD card, which are sealed.

In fact, cameras from most brands are not sealed except for Kodak which is sealed at the box and Fujifilm which is sealed at the cameras.

Bean said:
All brand new Panasonic cameras are unsealed, even if you buy from MS Color. You may like to check the battery and the SD card, which are sealed.

In fact, cameras from most brands are not sealed except for Kodak which is sealed at the box and Fujifilm which is sealed at the cameras.

thanks for the information,next time if i happen to get another panasonic camera again i'll look out for that.
on the other hand is the box already came unsealed,then why other shops even bothered to paste a sticker to make it looked as if sealed?

Status
Not open for further replies.