Is 'National Service' necessary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yappy

May 30, 2004
Enlisted Act started in 1971... over the years, many young men had gone thru it...

So the question is "Is NS necessary?"

some one ask similar question before, majority of the answer are yes. Except for those who hasn't enlisted yet.

Enlisted Act started in 1971... over the years, many young men had gone thru it...

Wa, you ask this type of question? You must defend your country like a man! Knock it down twenty :bsmilie:

its a waste of time...time that can be spend to earn more money...

I think if you ask yourself does singpapore needs a strong defence force made up of our own citizen? And you have your answer....

to do what?

eat more? :dunno:

i'm not saying it's the best way to spend time, but i'm sure everyone can carry a little something away from their two years, and i'm no patriot, hee hee

Yep, absolutely.

The alternate reality is may be too difficult to imagine for young people now - but those born before 1936 will be able to describe this alternate reality in detail.

When there is no peace, stability and prosperity........but I think you still can have your time though (suffering)...

Sometimes I think we take peace and stability in singapore for granted... sigh.....

People who haven't experienced wars will not appreciate NS. When our lands are occupied by invaders, relatives are raped and killed by invaders, homeland and materials are destroyed, then we'll realise the importance of NS.

I'll be a good soldier when I go into NS. :angel:

People who haven't experienced wars will not appreciate NS. When our lands are occupied by invaders, relatives are raped and killed by invaders, homeland and materials are destroyed, then we'll realise the importance of NS.

I'll be a good soldier when I go into NS. :angel:

Potter actually made sense!

This must be a good day. :bsmilie:

YES, of course it is necessary. To be fair to everybody, we should ask the girls to go to NS as well. They are also citizens of this nation, and have the obligation to serve the country, too!

Potter actually made sense!

This must be a good day. :bsmilie:

i think he watch a lot of war movies
if the guys say that to the girls before they enlist
(or in movies, when they go off to war)

they get laid! :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.