Is my lens ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackpanther

Mar 10, 2007
Hi,
Need some help and comments. Just bought a new lens (Tokina 11-16mm F/2.8). Took some pictures with my D80 and they don't appear sharp as many brothers have commented. Pls advise before I bring it back for exchange. TKS
lens_compare.JPG

Picture on the right is Tokina 11-16mm shot at 16mm F5.6 and
on the left is Nikkor 18-200mm VR shot at 18mm F5.6.

Both pics at 100% zoom.

Just hope I did not buy a lemon...

Many thanks,

Hi,
Need some help and comments. Just bought a new lens (Tokina 11-16mm F/2.8). Took some pictures with my D80 and they don't appear sharp as many brothers have commented. Pls advise before I bring it back for exchange. TKS
lens_compare.JPG

Picture on the right is Tokina 11-16mm shot at 16mm F5.6 and
on the left is Nikkor 18-200mm VR shot at 18mm F5.6.

Both pics at 100% zoom.

Just hope I did not buy a lemon...

Many thanks,
both pic are zoom at 100%, but ur screenshot is NOT!... unless you telling me u using a screen with 300px as width... :sweat:

just to add, if you trying to show something on sharpness, its better to use lesser jpg compression... they make the whole picture looks soft even on a super sharp picture

both pic are zoom at 100%, but ur screenshot is NOT!... unless you telling me u using a screen with 300px as width... :sweat:

just to add, if you trying to show something on sharpness, its better to use lesser jpg compression... they make the whole picture looks soft even on a super sharp picture

You are right. should have attached better picture. Anyway the picture are cropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.