is my lens having fungus or is it dust?

ahboyboy

Oct 5, 2009
Hi guys,
just wondering is this a fungus or dust?
thanks in advance.
$IMG_0520.jpg

bro, got 100% crop or not? abit too small to tell bah...

$IMG_0520.jpg

hope this help............

Its quite impossible to accurately tell from the picture you provided. Try using a LED torch and shine it through the front and take another picture! Good luck!

$IMG_0521.JPG
Its quite impossible to accurately tell from the picture you provided. Try using a LED torch and shine it through the front and take another picture! Good luck!

hope this can help me

View attachment 6908

hope this help............

First impression... fungus don't grow like that. Not in a clung like that. Usually it starts off like tiny roots spreading outward in all direction.Only a closer look can tell if that is true or not.

Could be speck of lube splatter from a strong air blower action. Happen to a kit lens of mine years ago when i blew a jet of air into the back end that it jettison some of the light lube loose and stain my element internally.

If it's a speck of dust or some chipped flick located from within and can't be blown or shake off due to static, you have no choice but send out to have it cleared.

I think it's just dirty/dusty.

If you want to do a 'eyeball test' personally, use a magnifying glass (or a 50mm or Raynox if you have) and look at the rear lens. If you see spider web like stuffs on it, it's fungus, else it's just dust.

Now that photo looks like a dusty rear element. Looks nothing like that other lens photo.
Thanks for helping me. May I know where caN I do cleaning for this samyang lens?

Do you guys know where can I do cleaning for this samyang lens and how much it's cost

ts try cleaning with a lens pens of lens cloth. sometimes it is outside and can be clean off with e lens pens

ts try cleaning with a lens pens of lens cloth. sometimes it is outside and can be clean off with e lens pens

Tried cleaning, doesn't work!

Called up, he say no point cleaning. Thanks for the info

I am puzzled. If you inquire about your lens thru a phone conversation and you have no clear confirmation what that speck is and his advice is "No point cleaning"? I guess you send him the photos ( your showed here) by phone which is still not conclusive. And he still come to that conclusion.

I am puzzled. If you inquire about your lens thru a phone conversation and you have no clear confirmation what that speck is and his advice is "No point cleaning"? I guess you send him the photos ( your showed here) by phone which is still not conclusive. And he still come to that conclusion.

I think it's because of the cost of cleaning the lens... "Assuming" the new lens cost is 450, and the cleaning cost is $200...I won't do it either...

We still have our DIY lens service master here: fatigue (contact info in the signature).
He could tell you also how tricky is is to open the lens or which parts cannot be cleaned due to sealing / glueing.
Some lenses are easy to clean, others are best left to the service centers.

Could well be just dust particles, that is quite common so don't get to uptight over it. If it doesn't show up on your pictures, just leave it alone.

But if you have OCD, then I can't help you... :confused: