is my dry cabi so powerful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

+evenstar

having turned it on for the past few months at HIGH setting, i find that the RH is always ~28-30% zone, and if i turn it to the LOW setting, it goes to 15~20%. i've powered it off for around a week now, and i'm still surprised to see that the RH value is still the same at ~30%:bigeyes: :bigeyes:

currently my dry cabi is open and hopefully the air inside can rise back to ~40% RH

If I leave the door to the dry cabi open for 5 secs, it'll shoot up to 70%. Sigh... are we from the same country? Mine is a lousy brand.

having turned it on for the past few months at HIGH setting, i find that the RH is always ~28-30% zone, and if i turn it to the LOW setting, it goes to 15~20%. i've powered it off for around a week now, and i'm still surprised to see that the RH value is still the same at ~30%:bigeyes: :bigeyes:

currently my dry cabi is open and hopefully the air inside can rise back to ~40% RH

that's the exact same problem i had when i first bought the digi cabi ! but after tuning it a few millidegrees everyday, it finally stablized at 40-45%.

sounds like a faulty hygrometer. i suppose your digicabi is the analog model? on my digital unit its more accurate and the setting is much more precise. the low humidity is okay, as long as the rubber grips on your cameras and lenses don't start to turn white - thats an indication that the rH is too low. i've mine set to 55%, seems to be a good balance.

hmm...guess i'll have to buy a digital hygrometer...

i tried blowing onto the hygrometer, and it shot up to 50%, but the moment i put it back into the dry cabi, it went down to 30% within 10secs

Maybe you can try turning the knob to the minimum (off position) then adjust it back upwards. It works for me. I had this problem when I bought my drycabinet.

Lots of people have this problem with the dry-cabi which uses the analogue knob. Its too powerful. Mines almost set to off then it can stablise at 45%! Just adjust slowly everyday to get the desired 45-55%.

?would u guys recommend a digital or analogue dry cabinet?

Digital of course. However, I think it comes only on their much much bigger models of 180L and above?

nope. i have a 80L unit (DHC-080). bought for about $298, they delivered same day. i believe there's a 40L unit in digital too. but my advice is buy the 80L and above. even my 80L is now too small, need to get another or buy the 180L.

If suspicious of your hygrometer reading, all you need is to do a self test using salt and water in a seal container.
The relative humidity should read 75%. This is alway accurate from what I know and tried.
If reading is more or less, simply do a offset yourself.

sounds abnormal.. already not quite possible for the meter to show 30% even off for one week, dont you open it?? .. now even the door is open you still hasnt got it >40% ... where do you live?

It can happen on Air-Cond room (running air-cond I mean).

What is the reading if you open the dry-cab's door, turn off dry-cab, for lets say 1-2 minutes? It should reading around 70-80%RH in no air-cond room.

Regards,
Arto.

Oct06-162.jpg

you mean the sensor or the hydrostat?
I believe is the humidity meter/sensor. Most of dry-cab now is using thermocouple/peltier technology for its de-humidifier unit.

Analog humidity meter is good, digital humidity meter is good too. Analog humidity meter no need battery, digital humidity meter need battery. As long as they serve its purpose well, they are excellent.

Regards,
Arto.

Tattoo,

Something very wrong with your dry-cabinet. fungus and fishes expecially discuss are starting to thrive. Better send for repair!! :bsmilie:

Tattoo,

Something very wrong with your dry-cabinet. fungus and fishes expecially discuss are starting to thrive. Better send for repair!! :bsmilie:

:bigeyes: :bsmilie: lol...but nice red discuss

definitely something wrong. we all know that singapore humidity is always much higher than that at least about 70% and higher (unless you are in 100% all time air con room).

Status
Not open for further replies.