Is my dry box spoilt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ongsw

Oct 2, 2003
www.francisong.com
Hi all,

I got this AMPRO dry box as a present. I cant seem to get the meter (dun noe what mete is it but its the one outside) to drop in value.... It just stays at 92/3% even when empty. Is it spoilt?

Thanks in advance! :cry:

You're talking about a dry cabinet?

There should be a knob inside the cabinet where you can turn.

Try to turn it and then leave the cabinet for a day or so and see whether the humidity drops.

Just my $0.02 worth

I turn it to the lowest liao and leave for 2 days already..... No change!

Any LED indicator? Hope is the hygrometer spoil. btw can you feel the air is a bit cooler in your drybox??

For AmPro, I was told to turn the knob to MED and leave for 24 hours, when I did that on mine, the humidifier went (and stayed) around the 40-50% mark.. try leaving it at MED first. When you open and stick your hand inside you should feel the air is a bit cooler and drier, if it is, means your meter is spoilt, get it changed. If its not (means humidifier spoilt) then just unscrew the humidifier unit from the back and bring back to Digital Point (in Suntec) for a 1 to 1 exchange (if within 7 days) or for warranty repair. Good luck! :)

Gymrat76 said:
For AmPro, I was told to turn the knob to MED and leave for 24 hours, when I did that on mine, the humidifier went (and stayed) around the 40-50% mark.. try leaving it at MED first. When you open and stick your hand inside you should feel the air is a bit cooler and drier, if it is, means your meter is spoilt, get it changed. If its not (means humidifier spoilt) then just unscrew the humidifier unit from the back and bring back to Digital Point (in Suntec) for a 1 to 1 exchange (if within 7 days) or for warranty repair. Good luck! :)

Yup. That's a good start. Turn the knob halfway and then leave it for a while and check the meter reading. Should not turn the knob to the extreme.

Ok thanks guys! I will try and let you all guys know the results!!!

I think the humidifier is spoilt. How to unscrew the thing ah?
I tried the 2 screws behind but cannot come out..... tanks!

ongsw said:
I try the humidifier is spoilt. How to unscrew the thing ah?
I tried the 2 screws behind but cannot come out..... tanks!

Guy at the shop just told me to unscrew all 4 (?) screws behind, then push the unit out from the inside and it should pop out.. if cannot call up Digital Point and ask for advice lor. Don't do until you spoil the thing and void warranty :)

Status
Not open for further replies.