Is marketing really important??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry Potter

Jun 30, 2005
Hogwarts
Possible for a so-so product to be boosted by solid marketing so that people go krazy over it?? A photographer whose photographs are average but with excellent marketing and packaging, will become high end photographers?? Consumers will fall into this type of trap??

A photographers who shot are very good but didn't do good marketing and packaging and end up shooting budget shots all his life...sad true of life??

Possible for a so-so product to be boosted by solid marketing so that people go krazy over it?? A photographer whose photographs are average but with excellent marketing and packaging, will become high end photographers?? Consumers will fall into this type of trap??

A photographers who shot are very good but didn't do good marketing and packaging and end up shooting budget shots all his life...sad true of life??

Yup... Manufacturers normally dun earn more than those who do marketing... same like sales always earn more than production.

Same, sometimes u see pics that most will slam, but strange enuff, u see those few usual suspects going around & say the pics are nice... what can you do? Zip up & go, the newbies will think those are nice pics and yada yada...

Well... artist are never famous before they die... ;p and artist are never rich... :bsmilie:

Yes... just look at Apple and Creative. Which has more features and technical gee-whiz??? Which sells better??? ;)

Marketing and branding... impt stuff.... Photography... one of the tools to achieve that....:)

Yup... Manufacturers normally dun earn more than those who do marketing... same like sales always earn more than production.

Same, sometimes u see pics that most will slam, but strange enuff, u see those few usual suspects going around & say the pics are nice... what can you do? Zip up & go, the newbies will think those are nice pics and yada yada...

Well... artist are never famous before they die... ;p and artist are never rich... :bsmilie:

So I can pick up photography, no need to shoot very well. I spent lots of money hiring consultants to do marketing, build up my image and packaging, build up the branding....

and woosh! I am a famous photographer??

Yes... just look at Apple and Creative. Which has more features and technical gee-whiz??? Which sells better??? ;)

Marketing and branding... impt stuff.... Photography... one of the tools to achieve that....:)

I think iPod looks classy....well, I am unsure now if my brain has been marketised?! :confused: .... or I really feel that iPod looks more elegant??

I think iPod looks classy....well, I am unsure now if my brain has been marketised?! :confused: .... or I really feel that iPod looks more elegant??

u are made to feel that its more elegant...

but if u say functions... ipods have one of the lower grade audio quality in the MP3 market... compared to Koreans...

One word --> Micro$oft

think this is a special case leh......... it's more like no choice.....in schools everyone uses Windows.... how to escape...... I dun buy a PC because of marketing...because I dun have other choices leh

iPod looks good, but does it really sound good where it really matter? I can name a few other brands that can beat it for sound quality. It is all the hype that marketing has build up that makes people want to buy iPod.

iPod looks good, but does it really sound good where it really matter? I can name a few other brands that can beat it for sound quality. It is all the hype that marketing has build up that makes people want to buy iPod.

Powerful, the (marketing) force is. :cool:

If not important then I got no job already :(

So I can pick up photography, no need to shoot very well. I spent lots of money hiring consultants to do marketing, build up my image and packaging, build up the branding....

No that makes you a bankrupt and a simpleminded fool for believing that marketing is all hype. If marketing is so simple to be done, then doing business wouldnt be so hard. Go think about why there is marketing and how it is being done.

Ipod might not have the best sound but it is still above par. you cant really tell about quality until you have a really good pair of earphones in a nice quiet room. You walk about outside with it and the noise will still affect the music. Not everyone is an audiobuff.

Maybe lah... who knows?

Even Paris Hilton can cut CD with the help of some very good marketing... so maybe you can become famous photographer. ;p

No that makes you a bankrupt and a simpleminded fool for believing that marketing is all hype. If marketing is so simple to be done, then doing business wouldnt be so hard. Go think about why there is marketing and how it is being done.

Ipod might not have the best sound but it is still above par. you cant really tell about quality until you have a really good pair of earphones in a nice quiet room. You walk about outside with it and the noise will still affect the music. Not everyone is an audiobuff.

But Paris Hilton's singing is Kana Sai...

Status
Not open for further replies.