Is live view worth the effort ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pablo

Sep 1, 2004
Blue/Green Planet
Hello all,

On the next versions of Canon or Nikon or Sony etc. Would you like it to include "Live View" :dunno:

Olympus has had it for the E-330, E-410 and E-510, but I find it adds too much delay and I would not want it anyway.

What are your thoughts :dunno:

Cheers :)

i wouldn't mind. as w/ all technology there is room for improvement. jus like batt life of digicams a few yrs back & d diff now. :cool:

For middle aged people like me, it is hard to see the LCD to shoot, Large optical view finder like D80 is very good. If it is a feature without much extra cost, why not! but will not pay an arm or leg for it.

I still prefer to shoot thru the lens..

its very different

if i wanna shoot thru the LCD.. i could have gotten a compact.. no difference

still prefer the old way.. but if the technology matures, maybe I won't mind to give it a try :D

best if d LCD is able to flip 180 degrees for self portraits or v low angles. w/ new technology comes more photographic options. live view is another 1 of d many. :thumbsup:

i would like liveview, only if they find a way to tap that extra LCD and record it as a video. if that techonolgy comes out, i will be impressed. a DSLR that finally can take videos, even if its quality isn't that great.

stick a videocam & focus on d live view LCD? reporters, paparazzi will really like live view cos they can shoot above eye level. ;p

best if d LCD is able to flip 180 degrees for self portraits or v low angles. w/ new technology comes more photographic options. live view is another 1 of d many. :thumbsup:
Would love to have this. But if at great cost money-wise and battery-wise, then perhaps not. :sweat: :D

:Later,

Hello all,

On the next versions of Canon or Nikon or Sony etc. Would you like it to include "Live View" :dunno:

Olympus has had it for the E-330, E-410 and E-510, but I find it adds too much delay and I would not want it anyway.

What are your thoughts :dunno:

Cheers :)

I dun think the live view thingy will take off in Canon and Nikon. What is the point? Composing from view finder is good enough and I am not a fan of live view too. I rather Canon and Nikon focuses on making better sensors. pix quality is still more important than bell and whistle.

I dun think the live view thingy will take off in Canon and Nikon. What is the point? Composing from view finder is good enough and I am not a fan of live view too. I rather Canon and Nikon focuses on making better sensors. pix quality is still more important than bell and whistle.

true, but the whistle is more important than the bell.

I dun think the live view thingy will take off in Canon and Nikon. What is the point? Composing from view finer is good enough and I am not a fan of live view too. I rather Canon and Nikon focuses on making better sensors. IQ is still more important than bell and whistle.

Well it all depends on what you shoot... if you're a photojournalist or do mostly events,
different angles taken above, below or waist level can create interesting compositions and
those angles can only be achieved if you have live view (unless u are willing to do a trial and error shoot). Live view is not a necessity but it's useful in some situations and also having a live view makes your shots different from others specially during model shoot when everybody takes the same angle and pose of the model.

And if it's not important why do these 2 big boys even thinking of putting it on their DSLR? :dunno:

I certainly won't be using LiveView even if it is on the camera as I don't believe I'd be able to hold the camera steady that way. LiveView is going to lead to lots of people getting blurry shots due to camera shake.

I can't hold it steady too... the E-330 video in the Olympus showroom if you have seen a bit bullsh*t... i never had this type of steady hands... :bsmilie:

live view as a new technology is a boon, technics on getting a gd clear pic is a diff thing. all things being equal (of course in really its not always d case), getting a crisp shot depends on skill. w/ v shaky hands got IS oso no use.

it may b a matter of time b4 other brands follow suit. i remember Panasonic putting OIS in all their cams. all new tech will intially cost more but IS is now so common in compact cams.

Well it all depends on what you shoot... if you're a photojournalist or do mostly events,
different angles taken above, below or waist level can create interesting compositions and
those angles can only be achieved if you have live view (unless u are willing to do a trial and error shoot). Live view is not a necessity but it's useful in some situations and also having a live view makes your shots different from others specially during model shoot when everybody takes the same angle and pose of the model.

And if it's not important why do these 2 big boys even thinking of putting it on their DSLR? :dunno:

So that they can capture customers that want a P&S DSLR ;(

i would love the LCD to flip out too

Status
Not open for further replies.