Is lightroom the best photo organization and editing software?

Thanks! Maybe next time when I purchase again, I may take the digital download version...(Didn't know how it works, so I always buy with the box...)
they will email you the license key, like oppa Rashkae said, and when you need to reinstall LR into your new computer or reformat your C drive, you don't have to worry when you've keep the box, just go to adobe site download the same version of lightroom with latest patch, activate it with your license key will do.

I use LR to sort, label my photos, process the raw file, adding keywords for my stock images, thou the bridge of photoshop can do similar, but LR can do more.
Photoshop is for me to retouch photos, or heavy post processing.
both work differently and they complement each other, I can't go without anyone of them.

Just go use a MOE Student Concession Card and purchase the Adobe Creative Suite 6 (CS6) Design & Web Premium for only S$139.00 including GST from Mine Mall (unapproved for commercial use).

Original Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) / Recommended Retail Price (RRP) is S$2973.53 including GST, a 95.33% discount.

9V-Orion Images said:
Just go use a MOE Student Concession Card and purchase the Adobe Creative Suite 6 (CS6) Design & Web Premium for only S$139.00 including GST from Mine Mall (unapproved for commercial use).

Original Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) / Recommended Retail Price (RRP) is S$2973.53 including GST, a 95.33% discount.

Is he still a student?

MeThree said:
think out of the box

And that will put you in an even smaller box. :)

think out of the box = doing something illegal?

mindset again...

think out of the box = doing something illegal?
mindset again...
Not necessarily. Maybe you want to share your idea instead of throwing fragments? But keep in mind that CS does not allow posting of illegal ways. Like it or not ..
But in this case it's clear: either one is entitled to the discount or not. A third way is also to get a 2nd hand LR3 license and get the upgrade, could turn out to be cheaper.

if you know a way to use a legitimate copy of LR at a discounted rate, please do tell. I'm sure Adobe is more than happy to listen.

as long as it is not for commercial use, the deal that 9V-Orion Images introduced is very good, anyway that is not LR in the first place

as long as somebody in the household is a student, it is not wrong to buy and install it on the home pc and everybody in the house can use

does not need TS to be a student, isn't it?

is that very complicated?

quite amused by the response for my 'think out of the box', all the assumptions and accusations...

Last edited:
Seems like I opened a can of worms. Please do refer to the Adobe Student and Teacher Edition FAQ for more information and also the End-User License Agreement (EULA) to ensure one complies with it thoroughly before installation if they decide to purchase it.

Additional clarification wise, do feel free to contact Adobe. Peace out.

Gimp. Free.

gimp dot org

Linux users can use Phatch also to do batch processing. really simple and idiot proof (no command lines). great for automated processing.

Gimp. Free.

gimp dot org

Linux users can use Phatch also to do batch processing. really simple and idiot proof (no command lines). great for automated processing.

And you can download the "content aware fill" plug-in too, called the "Resynthesizer" plug-in and it was the first to do it years before Adobe had it. Adobe just followed... ;P

Last edited: