is life about having and not having ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raincool2005

Sep 10, 2005
Raffles Place
went for a teabreak just now at Raffles Place, saw an very old man pushing a big cart loaded with old cardboards, passing by a huge BMW with an old man inside waiting by the roadside too..

tat scene has led me to think about life and this society, both old men are on the same road on the same day, one is poor while other is rich however both men will die one day.

is life fair ? :think: just some thoughts..

life is fair. everybody will only have 24 hours a day. :)

went for a teabreak just now at Raffles Place, saw an very old man pushing a big cart loaded with old cardboards, passing by a huge BMW with an old man inside waiting by the roadside too..

tat scene has led me to think about life and this society, both old men are on the same road on the same day, one is poor while other is rich however both men will die one day.

The same as some of the models/flowers are prettier than other....that life...

oth u can still go for teabreak.....my office dun have such practise...so unfair :cry:

fair as both are reaping what they sow when they were younger.

Life is more then having or not having rather how meaningful one lead their life!:)

fair as both are reaping what they sow when they were younger.

Life is more then having or not having rather how meaningful one lead their life!:)

Maybe for some, maybe not others.

Some got rich dad, some got poor dad.

Having rich daddy gives u a better head start in life.

And also alot of other factors such as luck.

lol.
Crazy.
Life is never fair
Dun waste time comparing.
Live life without regrets would be the best way to go thru the tunnel we call life.
:p

What is your question?

Is life fair (answer is simple. No)

Why is life fair or not fair? (answer bloody complicated).

Or something else?

Both die liao still got diff...

Like the rich guy will have more people burn money to him, have nice coffin, maybe even got ppl burn him a bungalow with few benz, and a couple of servants and passport & visa...

The poor guy may just get a paper box as coffin, or even worse, govt take them and use as some 'educational' subjects, then after few years mass burial with others...

And worse of all, some may go heaven, some may go hell... some do good, some do more good, some do bad, some is worse...

mayb the one with big cart has better health and the old man inside BMW is sickly leh?

just content with what we have. life is such.

we all die eventually but how would we die? would we be happy at the moment of our death?

just die happy, or happy dying. errr what talking me ? ;p

Life is work hard, travel and see the world...
then die happily...i hope..

Both die liao still got diff...

Like the rich guy will have more people burn money to him, have nice coffin, maybe even got ppl burn him a bungalow with few benz, and a couple of servants and passport & visa...

The poor guy may just get a paper box as coffin, or even worse, govt take them and use as some 'educational' subjects, then after few years mass burial with others...

And worse of all, some may go heaven, some may go hell... some do good, some do more good, some do bad, some is worse...

both still end up dust to dust, soil to soil!:)

"Is life about having and not having?"

Well, our desires change as we grow up. Last time I always told myself I wanted a very chio bu as a gf. Now we are older, we think more maturely. We pursue different things now.

Yes, life IS about having and not having. If you don't have something or if you want something badly, go and get it. Otherwise, we're just zombies.

"Is life about having and not having?"

Well, our desires change as we grow up. Last time I always told myself I wanted a very chio bu as a gf. Now we are older, we think more maturely. We pursue different things now.

Yes, life IS about having and not having. If you don't have something or if you want something badly, go and get it. Otherwise, we're just zombies.

So question is, u got the chiobu or not? :think:

There will never be a balance in life, either sides will be lighter or heavier.

Driving BMW dun prove them "Rich", Old Man pushing cart dun prove them "Poor"

Materialism dont mean everything.

is this a trick question. :think:

Life is of course fair. Mostly you'll reap what you sow (interest varies tho... have to depend on market rate :bsmilie:)

While you cannot control where you start, but I'm sure you can get to where you want to end.

If life really was fair then communism would have worked in practice not theory and we'd have a utopia...

Status
Not open for further replies.