Is it wrong to lie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benign

Jan 30, 2004
Melbourne
gallery127599.fotopic.net
When finding a prospective partner/lover in life, is it wrong to tell her lies? In this case that he is poor and have loved ones to look after? :sweat:
Or am I asking too much out of a relationship? :confused:
Of course, the intention was to find out whether she is out to seek genuine love....ladies, dun get angry ok :nono:

Benign said:
When finding a prospective partner/lover in life, is it wrong to tell her lies? In this case that he is poor and have loved ones to look after? :sweat:
Of course, the intention was to find out whether she is out to seek genuine love....ladies, dun get angry ok :nono:

Have u heard of true lies?

Two ways to live -
1) Be honest to yourself and others, and be strong enough to accept loss/failure because other people win over you by dishonest ways or because others can't handle the truth. You'll win some and lose more, but your conscience can be clear that way. You'll be happy in ways that are untouchable.
2) Screw honesty and screw happiness. Get what you want in this material world.

Benign said:
It's like deciding to tell the truth and break up, or mingle with lies while living happily ever after?... u decide what u want and what weights more in your heart... follow it, for you will not regret your decision, but take lightly comments from a forum, for it might cloud you from your own thoughts.

Life's short. be happy. ;)

Benign said:

this kind of lies sound very childish to me... you think you making hongkie movie? :(

A lie's a lie, white, black, kind lie is still lie :)

There's no differentiation.

there's no right or wrong in telling a lie, just how serious the consequence will be.

this kind of lies sound very childish to me... you think you making hongkie movie?

Maybe it is childish......but in this materialistic world. People are no longer interested in knowing their spouse really love them for who they are. :dunno:

Or do I have to paint a rosy picture to impress her that the relationship is all text book/fairy tales?

Trust me, I din enjoy it..... :(

ah-ber-den

if you are looking for a spouse, it is better to tell the truth early, don't waste your time and her time.

Less arguement later, cannot say that you did not tell me.
And most of all, if she can accept it,
then you will know that you have found the right person.

Good luck!

Do you wish to tell lie to her for the rest of you life?

What is difference of results, to let her find out now and in future?

If you love her more than yourself, why lie to her?

espn said:
A lie's a lie, white, black, kind lie is still lie :)

There's no differentiation.

agree fully, and I would like to add a little.

Lie = WRONG (be it for good intention or not)

Its definately wrong to lie no matter. You will have to tell one lie after another to cover up that lie. However, is it ok to lie if the intent is good? Is it ok to lie if the motive is to help people? Thought you may think your motives and intent are good but is it really true? I believe everyone has their own explaination and reasoning but what I wish to say is that it is wrong to lie but depending on suituation it is required and neccesary. But do speak whats on your mind when the time is right to unveil the truth. No one can tell what you are thinking you know.

You think.
I thought.
Who comfirm?

Just what I feel.

Guys/gals, maybe I din make it clear enough....

I am saying that I will tell the person whom I am interested asap....that I am 'poor' and got to look after loved ones still. Not lying to her till the timing is right lah....aiyoo :confused:

Of course, I am not as 'bad shaped' as I projected to be.....meaning I am not poor lah...haizzz.

Benign said:
Guys/gals, maybe I din make it clear enough....

I am saying that I will tell the person whom I am interested asap....that I am 'poor' and got to look after loved ones still. Not lying to her till the timing is right lah....aiyoo :confused:

Of course, I am not as 'bad shaped' as I projected to be.....meaning I am not poor lah...haizzz.

So you mean you are rich but telling the girl you are poor? That's not a lie, that's a show of either 1 thing,

1. You have no confidence in yourself

OR

2. You have no confidence the lady you are after

Either, IMHO, if 1 put $$ as everything in any relationships, it's better not to start any.

Hrm... and nothing personal, but I can sense a bit of ego...

Just my 2 cents.

Wow... words of wisdom from the "gu" hehehe....

togu said:
Which version are you refering to? I edited that post few times. :p
Referring to the 3rd last sentence *clap clap*. Heehee.

That's not a lie, that's a show of either 1 thing,

Can it be the third thing or not....

I wish to find out that is she truly worthy of my love? If not, what is the difference of getting a mail order bride? Younger, cheaper and sometimes even betta catch/buy. I just dun wish to spend the next 30 years having my fingers crossed and find out that the ultimate lies came from her. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.