Is it worth to get a Canon D30 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hagenuk

Feb 27, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
Any D-SLR user here ?

Do you think it is advisable to get a Canon D30 at this time ?
Is 3mp enough ? What is the maximum size can I get from it ? 8R ?

Should I wait for D60 ? MY budget is about S$3K only for can only get a 2nd hand.

Please advise !

Thanks....

Originally posted by hagenuk
Any D-SLR user here ?

Should I wait for D60 ? MY budget is about S$3K only for can only get a 2nd hand.

Please advise !

Thanks....

Do you own any Canon-mount lenses? If no, you'll probably end up with your dream D30 (used) with hardly any $$ to buy lenses...don't forget you may want to get a microdrive and such...hang on for a while...see what D60 has to offer, in terms of price and output! ;)

eversince the x3 came up i has no interest watsoever with today's cams anymore hehe... can't wait for them to start appearing maybe next yr perhaps

Originally posted by Mystix
eversince the x3 came up i has no interest watsoever with today's cams anymore hehe... can't wait for them to start appearing maybe next yr perhaps

wht's so obsessive? Anyway, sigma release a D-SLR using a X3 chip

Any D-SLR user here ?

Please advise !

Thanks....

3 megapixels is quite more than enough for most people. The D30 is quite capable to stunning 10x15" prints. If you think you need a D-SLR NOW, a 2nd hand one might be a good deal. But like adam mentioned, if you don't already have Canon EF mount lenses, you will need to factor them in as well.

Regards
CK

An intital setup would most probably set you back 5K+. Body + a Sigma 24-70 or Canon 28-105 lens. Extra batt, filters etc.

A D30 can easily print up to A3+ in size. No probs about that. Silky smooth images at ISO100 and 200, usable 400 and fantastic grainy B&W at 800 and 1600! (at least for me)

Take some time, think about it and save more money...

Or else, wait for the D60.

at the next seed/gathering (after easter..) can someone bring A4 prints from a D30... I would really like to see them.

Originally posted by zapp!
An intital setup would most probably set you back 5K+. Body + a Sigma 24-70 or Canon 28-105 lens. Extra batt, filters etc.

A D30 can easily print up to A3+ in size. No probs about that. Silky smooth images at ISO100 and 200, usable 400 and fantastic grainy B&W at 800 and 1600! (at least for me)

Take some time, think about it and save more money...

Or else, wait for the D60.

Originally posted by erwinx
at the next seed/gathering (after easter..) can someone bring A4 prints from a D30... I would really like to see them.

i have quite a few of them. wanna see A3 sized ones as well? ;P

Any D-SLR user here ?

Please advise !

Thanks....

Hi

since u pm me the qn, i've already replied to u. check your pm.

Hi,

will be coming back for Easter holidays + a couple of weeks. would love to see A4/A3 prints from a D30 or other digital camera.

I can bring some A4 prints from my F70 shots :)

My problem is that after so long, my Epson 750 prints heads are probably clogged beyond cleaning, so I probably have to spend $130 getting them replaced before i can start printing again [with new 7 colour printers looming, no point to replace with a 810 which is nearly identical]

ok, i don't want to stir up any quarrel with simon or red dawn.

my two cents : Digital Camera still got a long way to go !!

ok, I'm outta here.

:D

Thanks everyone for your comments recommendation.

In fact i'm only required to get a body since i've got a EOS 3 body and a few lens & flash & 1GB microdrive for my notesbook so don't think I need to spend lots $$$.

I also hope cut down cost spent on development & printing since this is only my hobby and further more alway have problem sharing slides with my friends and colleagues.

So i was thinking is it more advisable to get a Nikon CoolScan or a D-SLR for long term. CoolScan cost S$1200-$2200 or maybe save abit more and get Canon D30/D60 about S$3600-$4,000

I'm also concern of the quality of the picture of D30 since I have never seen any print out.

So is there any brothers kind enough to show us some of your masterpiece done by D30 ? : )

Status
Not open for further replies.