Is it worth the.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueskye168

Aug 28, 2006
Hi to all CSers

I've been just wondering is it worth(refering to myself) to change/upgrade from PS Element-4 to CS2/3?:confused:

Just to confirm is it that there's this feature in CS2 'sharpening' that won't affect/increase the 'noise' of the pics?:confused:

Thanks alot.:cool:

It depends - you can easily find out comparisons on Adobe even as to what Elements is lacking in. It's definitely a more condensed version of CS2/3. But if you don't use the additional features, then why bother?

I'm not sure what you're talking about, even if I guess correctly that you're talking about NOISE, not NOSE. Most sharpening would introduce some form of "noise" though. Are you talking about Smart Sharpen?

It depends - you can easily find out comparisons on Adobe even as to what Elements is lacking in. It's definitely a more condensed version of CS2/3. But if you don't use the additional features, then why bother?

I'm not sure what you're talking about, even if I guess correctly that you're talking about NOISE, not NOSE. Most sharpening would introduce some form of "noise" though. Are you talking about Smart Sharpen?

Ooh Thanks & for correcting my 'nose' to "noise" that's right:thumbsup:

Cos I forgot where I read this sometimes ago that CS2 can sharpen only the image but won't increase the noise - something to do with selecting by layers(hope I recall correctly).

So is it that "Smart Sharpen"?:confused:

Cos I forgot where I read this sometimes ago that CS2 can sharpen only the image but won't increase the noise - something to do with selecting by layers(hope I recall correctly).

So is it that "Smart Sharpen"?:confused:
:bsmilie: In that case I don't know already, never heard of anything like that. You wait for other people to reply, there are some pro PS'ers here. =D

:bsmilie: In that case I don't know already, never heard of anything like that. You wait for other people to reply, there are some pro PS'ers here. =D

ok ;) hopefully some kindsouls/experts pls help.

Thanks.

My question to you is, "Can you justify spending the money to buy a software so that you can take care of noise in your photos?"

CS2 isn't exactly cheap, retail you are looking at spending at least $1200. Unless you have the means and extra money lying around to purchase the software, then by all means go ahead and get it. I'm not going to get into the details and advantages of using CS2 but it is a definite step-up.

Let's say you own and drive Honda, you are contented with the car, it does what you need it to do, getting you from point A to B, but you would love to get a Porsche, because it is nicer to look at and is alot faster. But at the end of the day, you still use it to get you from point A to B, maybe just alittle faster. IF you have the money to make and justify such a purchase, then go ahead and buy it.

Sorry for being so long windered, but the point I am trying to make, why spend the money on something you think is a "nice to have" rather than something that you "need". Yeah I would love to drive and own a Porsche, but I don't need such a car. And I think neither do you.

That's just my $0.02.

Depends on what you want to do in the longer run.

DI, if you are really into it, even if you limit it to just photo-finishing, is another art all to itself. You can consider it as another new hobby. So, it's not just $, it's time you will be spending on it too.

I disagree that PS is a Porshe that you don't need. It's more like a Lexus. Porshes are some $100+ plugins you buy for PS.

My question to you is, "Can you justify spending the money to buy a software so that you can take care of noise in your photos?"

CS2 isn't exactly cheap, retail you are looking at spending at least $1200. Unless you have the means and extra money lying around to purchase the software, then by all means go ahead and get it. I'm not going to get into the details and advantages of using CS2 but it is a definite step-up.

Let's say you own and drive Honda, you are contented with the car, it does what you need it to do, getting you from point A to B, but you would love to get a Porsche, because it is nicer to look at and is alot faster. But at the end of the day, you still use it to get you from point A to B, maybe just alittle faster. IF you have the money to make and justify such a purchase, then go ahead and buy it.

Sorry for being so long windered, but the point I am trying to make, why spend the money on something you think is a "nice to have" rather than something that you "need". Yeah I would love to drive and own a Porsche, but I don't need such a car. And I think neither do you.

That's just my $0.02.

Hi hondasleeper, appreciate your effort to reply, Thanks:thumbsup:

Yeah you got a point, I understand. No, not long winded (to me), is detail explanation:thumbsup:
Thanks.

Depends on what you want to do in the longer run.

DI, if you are really into it, even if you limit it to just photo-finishing, is another art all to itself. You can consider it as another new hobby. So, it's not just $, it's time you will be spending on it too.

I disagree that PS is a Porshe that you don't need. It's more like a Lexus. Porshes are some $100+ plugins you buy for PS.

Hi Deadpoet, appreciate your time & effort to reply:thumbsup:
Yes, it's a new idea to me(cos never thought of=refer bold-text above) & you got a point too.

if you dont wanna spend money for photo editing, try looking for freewares,
like Gimp, which is full featured and can be downloaded here: http:\\www.gimp.org
It is still being improved all the time by fans and followers, so it's pretty good for something free!

Hi to all CSers

I've been just wondering is it worth(refering to myself) to change/upgrade from PS Element-4 to CS2/3?:confused:

Just to confirm is it that there's this feature in CS2 'sharpening' that won't affect/increase the 'noise' of the pics?:confused:

PSE 5 is a huge improvement to PSE 4. I think Challenger (IMM) is still selling OEM copies of PSE 5 for a member price of $49, usual price $79. I have since switched to PSE5 from GIMP.

if you dont wanna spend money for photo editing, try looking for freewares,
like Gimp, which is full featured and can be downloaded here: http:\\www.gimp.org
It is still being improved all the time by fans and followers, so it's pretty good for something free!

Hi michhy, yup will take a look @ it.
Thanks for your recommendation:thumbsup:

PSE 5 is a huge improvement to PSE 4. I think Challenger (IMM) is still selling OEM copies of PSE 5 for a member price of $49, usual price $79. I have since switched to PSE5 from GIMP.

oic but basically what are the differences between these 2 - PSE5 vs PSE4, cos if it's some feature that I may not need it then may have to think twice:think:
The OEM price is :thumbsup: $49 cos I bought my(I find rather costly) PSE4 at $179 or $199:sweat: (if recall correctly)it's a 2-in-1 with Adobe Premier.

Thanks bro.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.